Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prado do Golf(Vilamoura)
Algarve Gardens(Albufeira)
3,527 results
All reviewstivoli victoriaemo restaurantgolf coursewalk in wardrobeshuttle busexcellent hotelportugal mastersadult poolsister hotelstar hotelshuttle servicepool staffplay golfmain poolrelaxing staypool areasun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was a surprise holiday from my boyfriend. Who now is my fiancé as he proposed on this holiday. This hotel is luxurious for one word to describe it. The reception desk staff were wonderful with any help we required. Especially Thelma and Nelson. However I would not recommend excursions from the company "paradise tours" . This was due to there unhelpful manner and the fact that we spent nearly 2
5 hours traveling to the excursions just to spend 45 mins in Lagos and 20 mins in Sagrees. We asked for a refund or part refund as the bus ran out of diesel, which I can't understand how that would. They said that they don't give any refund as the excursions are always like this in Portugal where you travel to pick up everyone and then you only get to spend minimum time exploring the place you have decided to visit. Plus we didn't pay much for the excursion so we were cheap And for that reson we should have expected this. (Very bad customer service).

It was a shame as Sagrees cliff top mountain called end of the world is where my boyfriend decided to propose and we could not enjoy the moment.

The hotel has great bar staff and are willing to accommodate to your needs. However the choice of food is sparse and being vegetarian is always hard for us abroad. But this time you were paying 15 euro for a tomato and cheese sandwich which was very expensive.

The hotel has many good amenities including a shuttle bus which takes you to the tivolii marina. This is more lively part and has many restaurants, bars and shops. Where we went to a bar and restaurant called News. Lovely place

• Stayed: July 2014
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to congrat you for your recent engagement , is an honor to know that the proposal was made during your holiday at Tivoli Victoria, I´m sure that this made your experience unforgettable.
Regarding the unpleasant experience with the Tour company, wich we deeply regret I guarantee you that we are already taking the necessary measures to prevent this situations.
I am delighted to read that you were impressed with all the facilities, services and Team Members and I appreciate your opinion about vegetarian options, that we will take into account so we can continue to improve our services.
We look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed for three days in July at the Tivioli with 2 of my friends. We have stayed in the residences for the past two years which we have really enjoyed, but this time decided to stay in the hotel. There is no doubt that the hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable, but there are some areas that you really don't expect from,a hotel which claims to be five star. Firstly, I can say I've never been to any hotel that charge you 2 euros for coffee in your room. I was very disappointed at this. It would be better to remove the nspresso machines and replace with a kettle, at least you would be able to enjoy a coffee in your room. Secondly, I've never stayed in a five star hotel that does not have wifi throughout the hotel and only in the lobby. I've stayed in hotels in Mexico where there has been unlimited wifi everywhere and in this day and age you expect to at least have wifi in your room. When ordering drinks from the pool bar I didn't expect the soft drinks to come from a bottle which has been left out in the sun and then be charged 4 euros for the pleasure!

The most disappointing area for me was the attitude of some of the reception staff. On arrival there was a problem with our reservation which was sorted out between the agent who,had booked our stay and the hotel. We were assured that everything was ok and not to worry. On checking out it seemed the problem had not been sorted. When I tried to explain that they needed to speak to the receptionist whom had dealt with the agent to clarify, their response was "madam we do have people who do not want to pay" I was completely taken aback at this as myself and my friends certainly do not fall into that category. They then proceeded to talk amongst themselves until we persuaded them to call the receptionist we had originally dealt with. And low and behold it was confirmed that our bill was settled. The change in attitude from the staff changed immediately and all of a sudden they couldn't do enough for us. I really didn't appreciate being accused of not wanting to pay our bill, and looked at by one of the receptionist like some type of dirt she had scrapped off her shoe. Needless to say, nice hotel shame about the attitude of some of the staff. Thing is, when you have a negative experience somewhere that's what you remember and tell people.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jillytibby

Dear Jilly,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Tivoli Victoria in Trip Advisor.
I´m glad that you enjoyed our comfortable and luxurious rooms and the overall beauty of the Hotel.
We have nespresso coffee machines so that our Guests can enjoy high quality coffe without have to leave the comfort of the room, I would also like to mention that if you sign up to our free loyalty GHA programme you can have free wi-fi access as well as other advantages like a daily newspaper during your stay and a bottle of water on arrival.
Regarding the situation that happened in reception, wich I deeply regret, I would like to say that it is not our standard and I already passed your comments to our Rooms Division Manager who is making sure that tese situations do not happen again. Nevertheless I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me at: mario.custodio@tivolihotels.com so we can discuss this issue.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is our second holiday here and we've just had two weeks in July/Auugust. Beautiful pool area with attentive staff and great views over the Victoria Golf Course. Our 9 year old daughter was able to pop in and out of the children's club whenever she wanted to and the staff ran lots of activities to keep all the children amused. Very relaxing holiday!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Janice,
I am very pleased to read your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Tivoli Victoria in Tripadvisor.
It is great to know that you have enjoyed a lovely relaxing experience, and found our team, with whom I have shared your comments, to be attentive and friendly, in particular our T/kids Team members who give their best to ensure that kids enjoy fun moments with us and makes me glad to see that they had once again succeed in doing that.
We look forward to have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Me and my mum stayed here for 5 days!! could of easily stayed for another 5 days!!
what a FAB hotel.
staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you, the rooms were spotless and the food and cocktails FAB!
breakfast was great - so much choice - even bubbly!!!
We had the half board so could pick between lunch or dinner - we chose the lunch as that was a sit down 3 course meal rather than a buffet in the evening. we were having lunch around 2:45pm and then just a little snack in the evening down the marina if we were hungry.

We used the bus provided by the hotel all the time - this was a great service.
We missed the 11:15pm one night and ended up waiting until the early hours for taxi!!! taxi's down the marina are really hard to get cause of the one way system!
We made sure we got the bus back then in the evening.

Lovely bar downstairs by the pool too - open in the evenings caled POP... very nice inside and lovely drinks.

Also the beds are so comfy and the pillows!

Will DEFINITELY return here soon!!

thank you very much Tivoli Victoria.x

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor and for your excellent review.
It makes me very glad to know that we were able to provide you and your mother with such a lovely break and that you appreciated our comfortable rooms, food and friendly Team Members.
It´s great to know that you were able to enjoy our shuttle service to the Marina and spend good moments in POP Bar, overlooking the Pool and Golf course with a relaxed atmosphere ideal to spend Summer evenings.
We are looking forward for your next visit, in a near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a great time at this hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful , room excellent as was the food.

The hotel was quiet in the evening with most people heading down to the marina on the free coach .
Drink prices vary across the different bars in the hotel.

If you want a relaxing break would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience in Trip Advisor and for your lovely comments.
Our Team is delighted to know that you found the Hotel to be amazing and enjoyed in particular their helpful and friendly services.
Once again thank you for your recommendation and we are looking forward for your next visit.
Mário Custódio - Tivoli Victoria - General Manager.