My wife and I have just returned from a most delightful trip to Portugal. We were recommended to Tivoli Victoria Hotel and booked a 10 night stay in the hotel. We like a good quality hotel and were exceedingly happy to find that the Tivoli Victoria hotel lived up to its 5 star rating.
On checking in, my car was taken by the valet and we were directed to the reception. Our welcome was wonderful and although we had booked a basic garden view room, we were informed that we were being upgraded to a pool view. The room was beautiful, from its large walk in closet with private safe, to its deep bath and seperate walk in shower, all integrated into the room, but subdivided, if required , with sliding panels. Wonderful fluffy towels, bathrobes that fit a size XL man, and towelling slippers all made us feel truly at home.
Our balcony had two day beds complete with a multitude of pillows that were so comfy, that sometimes it was more comfortable to stay in the room than to venture outside.
The hotel is beautiful and has 3 outdoor pools, plus a seperate kids pool and the sun beds were the most comfortable we have ever used. Nothing was too much trouble for the highly attentive pool staff and the pool bar staff who were always on hand offering refreshments, and at reasonable prices, unusual in a 5 star hotel.
I made full use of the gym and indoor spa facilities, almost on a daily basis. They were some of the best facilities I have experienced in many years of travel.
As the hotel is quite isolated , on a superb golf course, which I do not play, a car is quite essential if you wish to see more of the Algarve and visit the numerous restaurants in Vilamoura, approx 6/7 mins drive away, or Quinta de Lago, 20 mins drive away.
The buffet breakfast in Sensatorial is wonderful and its even more enjoyable, sitting on the terrace in the early morning sunshine. It was only a shame that the Sensatorial restaurant is not open in the evenings so that we could relax in the hotel in the evening. My wife and I do not enjoy gourmet dining offered in the only other restaurant on site. Lunch, generally Club sandwiches, were eaten, relaxing by the pool or in the Bartini lobby bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Vilamoura, the Tivoli Victoria is pure sophistication. From the amazing rooms to the panoramic views out over the beautiful fairways of the Oceanico Victoria Golf Course, designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer, the surroundings of this 5 star resort make it an authentic 360º experience. For Conferences, events and meetings which require the highest quality, the facilities at the Tivoli Victoria include rooms with a total area of 900 m2 and capacity for up to 950 people as well as the latest in audio-visual technology. And for pure leisure, at this hotel near the beach in Vilamoura in the Algarve, take a dip in one of the 4 amazing swimming pools (one exclusively for adults - +16 years - from 1 July to 30 September) or sit down to some culinary delicacies prepared our chefs in one of our many restaurants and bars. For a touch of the Far East, revive your spirits by pampering yourself at the Elements Spa by Banyan Tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia and Hotwire so you can book your Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve