My wife and I have just returned from a most delightful trip to Portugal. We were recommended to Tivoli Victoria Hotel and booked a 10 night stay in the hotel. We like a good quality hotel and were exceedingly happy to find that the Tivoli Victoria hotel lived up to its 5 star rating.
On checking in, my car was taken by the valet and we were directed to the reception. Our welcome was wonderful and although we had booked a basic garden view room, we were informed that we were being upgraded to a pool view. The room was beautiful, from its large walk in closet with private safe, to its deep bath and seperate walk in shower, all integrated into the room, but subdivided, if required , with sliding panels. Wonderful fluffy towels, bathrobes that fit a size XL man, and towelling slippers all made us feel truly at home.
Our balcony had two day beds complete with a multitude of pillows that were so comfy, that sometimes it was more comfortable to stay in the room than to venture outside.
The hotel is beautiful and has 3 outdoor pools, plus a seperate kids pool and the sun beds were the most comfortable we have ever used. Nothing was too much trouble for the highly attentive pool staff and the pool bar staff who were always on hand offering refreshments, and at reasonable prices, unusual in a 5 star hotel.
I made full use of the gym and indoor spa facilities, almost on a daily basis. They were some of the best facilities I have experienced in many years of travel.
As the hotel is quite isolated , on a superb golf course, which I do not play, a car is quite essential if you wish to see more of the Algarve and visit the numerous restaurants in Vilamoura, approx 6/7 mins drive away, or Quinta de Lago, 20 mins drive away.
The buffet breakfast in Sensatorial is wonderful and its even more enjoyable, sitting on the terrace in the early morning sunshine. It was only a shame that the Sensatorial restaurant is not open in the evenings so that we could relax in the hotel in the evening. My wife and I do not enjoy gourmet dining offered in the only other restaurant on site. Lunch, generally Club sandwiches, were eaten, relaxing by the pool or in the Bartini lobby bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal