Booked this 5 star luxury hotel in january this year, really excited about going and looked on trip advisor for reviews. All looked fab and could not count the days quick enough before we got there on 21st April for 1 week in a Golf course view room, breakfast included
When we arrived our room was not ready and we were told to go and have breakfast which was not included for the first day and cost £35 for both of us. When room was ready we were taken upstairs and shown room that had a view of waste land not golf view unless your moved over the balcony to your right. I said not happy with room and asked it to be changed. This took several hours and as we had been up since 02.30hours that day we were very tired. Room changed about 3pm and it was fab , so all good. Our holiday was great until the thursday lunchtime when we were invaded by 300 conference delegates for a medical 4 day seminar!. They took over hotel, noise in evening from outside our room , trying to get in and pushing bell , then screaming in corridor. I reported this to reception and was seen by manager who gave us voucher for restaurant , very apologetic and seemed concerned that we were not impressed. We had meal which was fab at the time. Later that evening the 300 delegates had a disco that started at 10.30pm and lasted until 0500hrs on the sunday ! so much noise, music so loud even with windows closed we could not sleep, and we had to be up at 0600hrs to get flight home.
When we went to reception to check out staff were apologising for behaviour of the conference guests, saying a lot of young ones this year and some tried to get in pool too !. We could not have breakfast as too early and was given packed lunch, even though we had paid for breakfast in our holiday package. I had felt very ill and sick that morning and by the time our flight took off i was sick the whole journey home and was taken to the front of plane by staff who were very good. I was so ill i had to be taken off plane by wheelchair as could not walk due to food poisoning. So upset that our first holiday in nearly 2 years was not the relaxing, chill out 5 star hotel that we had booked and wanted. The rooms and cleaniness were great, but having a conference and not telling your guests to brace themselvesfor an extra 300 people is pretty bad customer service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal