Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prado do Golf(Vilamoura)
Algarve Gardens(Albufeira)
3,528 results
All reviewstivoli victoriaemo restaurantgolf coursewalk in wardrobeshuttle busexcellent hotelportugal mastersadult poolsister hotelstar hotelshuttle servicepool staffplay golfmain poolrelaxing staypool areasun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

In one word. - Outstanding. The cleanliness is fantastic. Room cleaning twice a day. The vilamoura marina is 10 minutes drive away (free shuttle buses thrice a day). The restaurants are really good. There are some fantastic towns nearby. There is a smaller town nearby http://www.quarteirauncovered.com/ with good restaurants. More reasonably priced than the Marina restaurants. Really enjoyable place. Worth a visit. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MUK04
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 4 month old daughter for two weeks! - the Staff were friendly, professional and couldn't do enough to make our stay happy and comfortable!!! Well done :-)
The room was second to none, we had a proper cot, baby bath and everything we needed for our baby. It was clean, spacious and modern deco, even the tv channels to have lots to choose from and were in English.
The food was great and there was lots of variation, they found out I was vegetarian and the chef was happy to make up what I liked -thank you :-)
There was a heated pool for the kids, which was nice. The hotel has a bus going to and from the marina several times a day, which was great, we used the bus 4 or 5 times!
Overall, I would rate the Tivoli as a 5 star plus, we loved this place and are looking forward to go back, every penny was worth it - it's also a hotel that other hotels can learn from too ;-) Thank you and well done to all the staff for the best ever holiday :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Tivoli Victoria with my partner for one night on the 17th March, room 163. The hotel opened in 2009 and covers a large area, although it has just 2 floors above ground and another lower floor towards the golf course side. The hotel is in a very quiet area, a bit in the middle of nowhere, far from the beach and from Vilamoura. There are several apartment blocks next to the hotel (2 or 3 storeys high), I’m not sure if all of them are part of the Victoria Residences complex. We couldn’t see any restaurant or bar in the area.
The main feature and the hotel’s main attraction is the huge golf course; in fact, it looked so big to me that I had doubts if this was one or several golf courses.
This being a 5-star hotel, I would expect an outstanding service and facilities, to match a tighter “assessment filter”. My impressions are a bit mixed:

Things I thought could be better:

- The check-in was a bit lengthy, despite I had a reservation from Booking.com, but maybe because it was our first time there. I was asked to pay immediately the accommodation, as per hotel rules. Later, I realized that I had been charged € 2 more than the price stated on my reservation. The explanation given by the receptionist was that this was a Carbon Tax! No big problem about that, but I would have appreciated that this was explained to me before paying and not after I enquired. Also, I should have been asked if I would like to pay this tax; apparently, this is not a compulsory tax and the receptionist said she would credit it back to our account, if we wanted so.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the common areas, through Victoria network, but it’s unavailable in the room. Wi-Fi is indeed available in the room through Tivoli network, but at a cost of € 15 per 24 hours. This was a complete shock to me! Not only I find this unacceptable for a 21st century 5-star hotel, but also there was a clear disagreement with the room details shown on Booking.com’s reservation, where it was clearly stated that internet access was included in the room rate! I looked and I couldn’t even find an internet cable connection in the room. I asked for an explanation and the receptionist said that it is usual for Booking.com to provide the wrong details and that I could have Wi-Fi in the room only if I paid. I don’t know if Booking.com gets it wrong or not and from where does it get the room details. All I know is that I would expect a 5-star hotel to fulfill the reservation conditions and make necessary adjustments with their provider, Booking.com. I consider it poor service to make the client “pay” for inconsistent information between the hotel and one of their partners.
- Another issue with the reservation was the mention to the Nespresso machine. I found this misleading, although formally true. The room details state “features IPod stand and Nespresso machine”. Would you assume, like I did, that the Nespresso machine was to be used free of charge? It’s not; capsules cost € 2! Still a better deal than the € 3 you pay for coffee at the bar. Also, I couldn’t find any IPod stand (maybe there is one, indeed, only not clearly visible).
- We had some snacks at the bar and ordered two glasses of wine. The waiter brought us two glasses with wine, instead of bringing the bottles and pouring the wine in front of us, as you would expect anywhere, particularly in a 5-star hotel;
- A quick safety suggestion: being a cold winter's day and the spa being much warmer than outside, there was heavy condensation on the large windows, which were literally dripping water. Condensation had formed also on an electric socket, which was covered in water drops. It's questionable enough to have any electric socket in the spa's swimming pool area and this one in particular could make for a “shocking” experience. Why not install electrical sockets with a protective lid? Simple, cheap and safer.
- Upon arrival, our amenities were just a small bottle of liquid soap. We had to mention it at the reception and this was promptly corrected (two sets of shower gel, shampoo and body lotion, plus two soaps);

Things I liked, to end on a positive note:
+ Welcoming reception, professional, although we got a better experience on check-out;
+ Snacks at the bar are big and very tasty. We shared a huge sandwich club and a very nice grilled baguette with goat cheese and red onion compote;
+ the room was big, very bright and gorgeous, with separate wc and bidet area, open bath and walk in shower area, walk-in closet, big comfy bed, spotlessly clean. The bath area can be closed using big sliding panels that are covered with floor-to-ceiling mirrors on the bathroom side. Cute!;
+ The spa area is restricted to over 16s and has a really relaxed, peaceful atmosphere. Wonderful view to the golf course;
+ The bed and pillows are AMAZING!! They’re fluffy and comfortable and will give you a perfect night sleep;
+ Excellent sound proofing;
+ Restaurant Emo is a delight. We had the Portugal Restaurant Week menu, a delightful 3 course dinner at an accessible price (€20 per person, a bit more with drinks, €35 in our case). However, prices from the a la carte options are high. So, despite the tasty, creative, imaginative dishes and the outstanding service, particularly from the very nice and knowledgeable head-waiter, this may end up being poor value for money. Again, the service at the restaurant is definitely very good;
+ Breakfast was very good, with lots of choices, including omelets made to order;
+ Staff in general was very friendly and attentive, particularly so at the breakfast room.

So, in summary, what can I say? I have mixed feelings about my experience at Tivoli Victoria. 5-star is not just about decor or comfort, it's also about service and attention to detail.
Service by the staff is generally good and meets the expectations, but things can be improved on what the service “agreement” between hotel and client is concerned. This is not a cheap hotel and clients come here looking for the best or, at least, what was agreed. The hotel’s relationship with their providers or partners is not the client’s concern.
Would I stay here again? If you’re a golf “addict” or if you’re looking for a place in which you can “disconnect” from the outside world, this is indeed a great place. As for myself, I prefer hotels that provide general free Wi-Fi access, or at least internet access, especially those hotels in which there isn’t much to do at or around them; I think this is a ‘must’ nowadays, like having TV or telephone access in the room, and even more so as the number of stars increases.

As for Booking.com, I will keep on trusting the information they provide is in accordance with the one provided by the hotel and that any disagreement should be solved to the client’s benefit and later settled between the hotel and Booking.com.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank paulolisb
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great hotel, good food and very helpful staff.
Just spent a month here at a business event held through Feb and beginning of March. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything clean and tidy and excellent choices for food at every meal. Mainly a golfers hotel but plenty of space to relax by the pools, You are along way from the beach.
Not sure if it would be a place I would choose for a holiday but standards are very high.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved this hotel, very relaxing and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It was very quiet when I visited but the service was still excellent and the hotel very clean. Entrance to the spa is free and this is a great way to spend a couple of relaxing hours; the only disadvantage could be that it is too far from the marina for some visitors, however in the summer months when the area is busy I would imagine this would be a plus as you are away from the hussle and bussle. Definately a great place to stay and I would recommend it for couples and families.

Room Tip: The only downside to this hotel is that you need a car as it really is too far to walk to the marina.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple