“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading good reviews I made a point of finding this excellent restaurant. it is tucked away in a small courtyard behind the marina.

A well as serving excellent food, I had mussels to start and carbonara for the main course, my wife had the salmon, which was recommended in a previous post, both the starter and main courses were as good as anything else we had, not just in Vilamoura, but also at home, and was great value particularly if you compare with the restaurants on the marina.

I would also like to compliment the staff, who were both attentive and chatty and made you feel that they really wanted you there.

So a big thumbs uontp Il Trio.

• Slovak first
Manchester
“Lovely italian”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Food and service were great. I had carbonara, hubby had lasagne. Both lovely. Tried a couple of other italians but they weren't a patch on Il Trio.

belfast
“defo a must if in villamoura”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The best meal we had while in villamoura. You may have to wait a while for your meal but well worth it. We all had a lovely meal and would defo go back.

Visited August 2012
Rabat, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very delicious”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at Villamoura one week and had dinner twice over there. Food is really good, in particular linguini a la marinara, very nice personal. We highly recommend it !

• Visited September 2012
“Beautiful food, excellent service!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and my partner spent 4 nights in Vilamoura recently. 2 of those nights we ate in il Trio because after the first night we just HAD to go back!!
The first night I ordered a Calzone pizza and when it arrived the waiter informed me that they had to send out for dough from another restaurant because they had run out. However he said the other places Calzone were smaller than il Trio's so they brought me a second to make up for it. I was blown away not only was it a gorgeous meal but I wouldn't have known the difference in sizes, however the waiter volunteered the information AND more than made up for it.
The second night I had the most beautiful Pork medallions and left the Calzone for my partner who got the il Trio regular size and it was very near the size of a rugby ball. ha ha.

2 beautiful meals and great service and I will surely be back in il Trio if we return to Vilamoura. Thank You guys