“Wonderful food, great experience”
Review of Braganca Mar

Braganca Mar
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I first went to this restaurant several years ago and was keen to return to find out id the standard of food and hospitality had been maintained. I need not have worried, it was a yes to both. Set away from the marina it is surrounded by several other restaurants. On the evening we went most of them were less than half full, Braganca was packed to the rafters.

Ceasar made us very welcome and talked us through the days specials. I opted for the very reasonably priced Chateaubriand. At 34e for two it was a bargain. The meat was cooked to perfection, medium rare and it melted in my mouth. I have attached a picture that I took when I was half way through, I was so keen to get stuck in that I forgot to take it when I was presented with the dish. My wife chose fish and was delighted from the selection of catch of the day. I am not sure which one she had in the end but I know it was served in a terrific sauce.

The dessert trolley was very special, lots of variety and all produced in house. Of course we had our complementary glass of port at the end of the meal. All in all a very good evening and I can not wait to go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ate here last week. Excellent value for both food and wine. Large portions, fresh ingredients. Busy both evenings and service was a bit slow, but staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely visit again

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was probably the worst restaurant I've ever had the misfortune to eat in. The fish kebab was off. My daughter's lamb was as tough as old boots. The place was crowded and the service was very average. There are much better restaurants in Vilamoura, although not on the marina which is touristy and overpriced for very average food. You have to really seek out the restaurants in Vilamoura to find the gems. A Carpa is very good but I would rather eat at McDonalds than this restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Brilliant little gem in the square and off the main marina. Food was excellent as was the service. Felt as though the staff really made an effort to get to know you and made you feel welcome. They even modified dishes on the menu to individual taste and even went to the trouble of cooking something off menu that I had had before. It was very busy even at this time of year as a lot of the diners kept on coming back.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Can't rate this place highly enough. Everyone in our party (7 of us) had steak but all different types and every one was cooked to perfection. The most tender steaks I've had. MUST VISIT