“Wonderful as always!!”
Review of Braganca Mar

Braganca Mar
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We returned to Portugal for our usual Easter break and visted our favourite restaurant 3 times during the week. We were warmly welcomed as always by Ceasar and his wife Carla and were pleased to see that the restaurant was packed each time even midweek.
The food was fantastic, the tuna pate served at the beginning of the meal is so much nicer than the usual sardine one other restaurants offer. My husband and son loved the John Dory, my daughter always enjoys the peppered steak and on Ceasar's recommendation I tried the Dover sole with capers which was delicious. On our last night we had the chateaubriand which was cooked to perfection with sauté potatoes with onions which were really tasty. As the portions are so generous I don't usually manage a dessert but my daughter always seems to find room for the chocolate cheesecake. At the end of the meal there is a glass of port which is a nice touch and as always dining at Braganca Mar is a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We have been coming here for 6 years and hope to continue to do so for many more!

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across the restaurant (it is hard to find!) and I recognised the name from the list of top restaurants according to Tripadvisor so we decided to eat here.

Lovely welcome, very tasty food and above all excellent value! 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 drinks and 2 coffees came to about 45 euros!!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

On the strength of Trip Advisor we sought out Braganca Mar. We had eaten on the Marina the previous night and were looking for somewhere a bit quieter – the marina can be a bit busy and loud.

We did struggle to find the Braganca Mar but with the help of some locals soon found it – we took the steps from the Marina beside Haagen Daz, and then took a left, walked past the Pharmacy then the next right up to the third square in a cluster of other restaurants.

Yes the surroundings and décor are a bit dated, but Ceasar and Daniel more than make up for that with their great food and excellent service.

I forgot my reading specs and Ceasar brought me a pair he has. When we returned a couple of nights later he brought me his specs and remembered the wine I had chosen previously. Great customer service.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

At Braganca Mar you are welcomed as if you are a local. The owner has a great sense of humour which adds to the experience. The food is excellent, with an extensive menu plus specials. Very reasonable but book or you could be disappointed,it is very popular.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on its very high Trip Advisor rating and could not fault the food in any way. All of our party chose traditional food and every dish was tasty and not a scrap was wasted.
As with the other restaurants we visited, the service was top notch and we were made to feel very welcome.
Don't be afraid to eat away from the marina and if you are approached by one of the "salesmen" who are there to get you up to the other restaurants, do not be put off. They will take you there (a 1 or 2 minute walk) and you'll get a free beer, glass of wine or soft drink when you arrive. We are sure you will find better food and better value away from the marina.