“Very good”
Review of Braganca Mar

Braganca Mar
Ranked #8 of 193 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
rochdale
“Very good”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you go there try the lamb stew its very good on a cold wet night. Washed down with a good red wine

Visited October 2012

Hitchin, England
“Really wanted to like this place...”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Loved the warm, welcome & more importantly - genuine reception from the head waiter. Dug out a great red wine to go with our mains (an Alentejano I'd requested, not on the menu - which I'd only just discovered this week & loved)

Knew there was a reason it was number 2 on Tripadvisor, then the food came...

We both ordered filet steak; I took a punt on the Portugeuse style steak which was tasty, but very salty & in a piping hot gravy sauce - so much so, that the heat over cooked the steak. I'd ordered medium but this was now well done in all but 2 or 3 central parts - a real shame. My wife ordered filet medallions with king prawns which came on a grand standing overhead skewer - very smart. But again - a medium order came as 'well done' - ruining it. We both had filet steak at Arkrivat (may have mis spelt I think) which completely wiped the floor with this.

Hoping the desert would redeem them but was artificial tasting & pretty poor to be honest. Good value at just €3.75 each though.

Total bill €62 for 2 mains, bottle of red (€14) & 2 deserts. Not great value fior mediocre food.

Very average food sadly, with very pleasant service.

Number 2 in Vilamoura? I don't get it....

1 Thank Moralsmc
Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic place to eat. Hosts are great.......”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been coming to Vilamoura for a number of years and when we found this restaurant a few years ago we were so pleased. The hosts Ceser & Carla are one of the best. Nothing is too much trouble. If you want something slightly different then they will sort it. The menu is typical Portuguese and what we have had has been very good. Steak On th stone, Portuguese Steak, Fish Catapluna, Fish Paella have all been excellent. Highly recommended. Price is about average for Vilamoura and cheaper than on the Marina.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank SmileyMiley1964
Castlerea, Ireland
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It saddens me to write this review, but I have to be honest. Firstly the staff were excellent and extremely attentive, the tables were well laid and the atmosphere was good. We ordered Steak on the stone. Garlic Prawns on Rice and Sea Bass. The steak was served raw to be cooked by the patron on a very hot stone, the steak was delicious it was only served with fried cubed potato (no veg). The sea bass was white and fluffy and deboned and served with salad and was very nice. The 6 prawns were served with a bed of rice seasoned with garlic were nice. We also had desserts, Strawberry Cheesecake which was lovely, Dark Chocolate Cake described as nice and finally a Caramel Cheesecake which was very nice and light. We were then presented with three shots of Port which we presumed were free gratis until the bill arrived and these added a total of €11.75 which we felt was outrageous and spoilt the entire evening. The bill was over €75, please also note the cover charge for bread and olives of € 1.75 is per person not per visit. The food was great as we're the staff but we won't eat there again or recommend because of the way they served the Port with no mention of any cost or choice. We are still in Vilamoura but we will find alternative dining.

1 Thank Stevebax63
PumaCoimbra, Owner at Braganca Mar, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Mr.Steve,
I did promise myself that i will never response a review, because i will try to respect everyone opinion,but in this case, i really have to response yours.
I really suprise when you said i charge you for the port wine, and trust me, it must be a mistake because, i never, never, never done that. It is common in my restaurant a complementary port in the of the meal without any charge like you can see in all others reviews mention in this site. It could be a mistake i´ve done in your bill but never the port, and if you divide 11.75 euros by 3 is 3.91 euros which is a strange account, so i believe i could charge you for something, and then, yes i did make a mistake, or it could be the 3 desserts 3.75 euros each, but total 11.25 and not 11.75 euros.
So please, if you don´t mind i would like to see you again,and we can see what was wrong.
Especially if you said that you really enjoy your meal
I really would like to resolve this situation. Please come and talk with me or contact me by fhone 289316376
Cesar Lopes
London, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointed after high expectations”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good ambience in the restaurant and can't fault charisma of waiters. However, It did take a long time to order though both for mains and dessert. Fish main course was slightly bland and mixed kebab was good though not one to write home about! Desserts looked absolutely fantastic but unfortunately didn't taste very good. Excellent wine - we had some native green wine.

Visited October 2012