“Braganca Does not deserve its #1”
Review of Braganca Mar

Braganca Mar
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was very disappointed when I ate here. I ordered the chateaubriand. The cut of meat was fabulous to be fair, but what really let the dish down was the side orders or lack thereoff. Fried Cubed potatoes (which you get in the local supermarket) and a big blob of a tomato in the middle. This really let the meal down as the meat was beautiful.

A friend of mine ordered the seabass and it wasn't fresh. The boiled potatoes were milky and the veg not very fresh either.

I think the staff read to much of the reviews here because there seemed to be a cockiness about them. I won't go back..

Reviewed April 22, 2012

we have just returned from vilamoura and ate at braganca mar twice during our visit, the food is superb and the staff very friendly, ceasar and his wife carla cann't do enough for you, always making sure everything is ok .
we would recommend this place to everyone.

7  Thank jdhuddy
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have just returned for a week staying near Vilamoura and having eaten here once, just had to return to try something else! The food was all really good and the staff are friendly and attentive. We had our 9 year old daughter with us and they were very accommodating with our wish for her to have a small portion of 'real' food rather than chicken nuggets/fish fingers ..... The fillet steak & prawn kebab was superb; the grilled sea bass was excellent, as was the sirloin steak Portuguese style and the chicken and sausage kebab specially prepared for our daughter was just to her taste. I highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank HolidayHeth
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate there twice and weren't disappointed. Service can be a little slow if it is busy but a nice cosy place, good food and a welcoming host. These restaurants in the back streets are much better value than some of the ones around the marina.

1  Thank susie011
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We went to Portugal for our usual Easter break and returned to our favourite restaurant 4 nights out of 7. We actually stay near Albuferia but take a taxi to Vilamoura as we love this place so much! We were warmly greeted, as usual, by Ceasar and his wife Carla who always remember us and our favourite wine! My husband and son both tried the John Dory which they said was delicious and my daughter and I had the peppered steak which was cooked perfectly. We also had the Paella (so filling) and the Chateaubriand which were amazing and to finish the usual complimentary glass or in our case bottle of port!
The weather this year was disappointing but, for myself, my husband and even our two teenagers our meals at Braganca Mar more than made up for it. See you next year!!