Scandic Svolvaer
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$201
$113
$84
$79
Agoda.com
All reviewsno elevatorsmall balconysmall islandgreat viewcoach partiestour busesenjoyed my stayeasy parkingsnowy mountainsdifferent optionsthe breakfast areaporkcentre of townfishthe hotel stafffree wifidefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated perfectly for a good view of the town. Sitting by the watersfront, you can enjoy the views while relaxing in your room.

I upgraded to a superior room after looking at the hotels website. However I was asked a little snootily if I authorised the upgrade with my travel agent.

The rooms are an OK size. I got a room overlooking the town and on the oceans front. It was clean, spartanly decorated but slightly dark. A seating area with a table was available. But there are no bedsite tables but a shelve istead. Rather unpractical.

The hotel itself is an old fishermans house and well kept. Nice and inviting restaurant and reception area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Magnus C
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights while on an Aurora Hunters Holiday. We arrived late on the first night but there was a meal waiting for us. The room overlooking the harbour was very comfortable and quiet. The staff were very helpful, polite and courteous. The set dinner was good, a wide variety of dishes and always attractively presented. It was ideally positioned for a very short walk to the town.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour room with balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel was clean, hotel staff friendly and helpful. Room a bit on the small side but only booked for one night. The bed was right up against the wall so was difficult to get into on one side, so had to rearrange the furniture a bit! The location was lovely overlooking the harbour. The food in the restaurant was superb . Despite there being several tour parties in it was quiet. The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choice. I would recommend this hotel but if I was staying longer I would need better bed arrangement

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OrioleMcFlurry
Reviewed February 9, 2014

the spot is great, altough all over norway it must be good with all the water around but thats the only nice thing about this hotel. the rooms are small and outdated . there might be bigger rooms and i had asked for one with a balcony but the lady at the reception said they were all taken. very strange that there were hardley any guest in the place, so taken by whom..? anyway, no elevater so you have to drag your luggage up the 2 stairs, no sport facilities (i guess you don't need that after the stairs ;-) ) not even a sauna ! the breakfast buffet was good and the restaurant staff was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spent 4 nights here as part of a smallish group over New Year. The hotel is perfectly located, a stone's throw from the centre of town. As it is right at the edge of the water in the harbour, one could easily imagine that one was on a ship. The water lapped underneath the balcony of my room and I had a lovely view across the water. It was so relaxing and quiet and , although it was rather small, this made it more cosy. I was , however, the sole occupant of the room ; I can imagine that it would be a bit of a squeeze if I were sharing. The puplic areas of the hotel are spacious and comfortable and the staff were exceptional. The food was simple, well cooked and tasty. There was a good assortment available for breakfast and we were able to help ourselves to the coffee machine at any time of the day. There was also cake awaiting us when we came in from the cold in the afternoon. I loved the homely feel of the hotel.

Room Tip: Water front rooms are best for the view and tranquility.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo