I booked this hotel at short notice through www.hotels.com
I couldn't get a deal that included breakfast but was assured it would cost between € 6 - 8pp per day.
Was also assured that booking over phone with agent we would get a better room.
On arrival we were told that breakfast would be € 15po so over 5 nights stay it would mean an extra cost of € 150 - a total rip off in my opinion.
The room is adequate but certainly not 4*:
1. The beds were lumpy and very soft;
2. The towels in the bathroom were small.
3. No separate shower so if you have a physical disability forget it.
4. Soap dispensers on wall - person with upper limb disability will have trouble using same.
5. There was no non slip mat for the bath.
6. No wifi that any of our gadgets recognised as a network they could join - so much for free wifi in room.
7. You take your life into your hands trying to use some of the sockets to charge up phones
8. No adequate light in the bathroom - couldn't really see to shave.
9. There was a switch completely taped over in bedroom with duct tape. Not really what you expect to see in a 4* room.
10. There was a shoe polishing machine on the landing that was out of commission. Why leave it there!
We paid €471 for 5 nights 2 persons.
Supposedly the rooms are being refurbished. They obviously have not gotten to the 2nd floor where we stayed.
We stayed here 8 months ago & it was ok - better room, breakfast included, better value for money.
Shocking deterioration in 8 months.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Golden Tulip Weert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.