“Well Worth the Visit”

Naarden, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well Worth the Visit”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The owner Rene has collected weights and scales from all over the world and has them displayed in an historic building in Naarden Vesting - the Spanshuis - formerly a bakery for Napoleon's troops who occupied Naarden. Take the guided tour if you can.

Visited June 2013

Birgden, Germany
“A wonderful way to spend an afternoon!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was walking around Naarden yesterday, disappointed that this museum was closed except on weekends until the Spring and I ran into one of the proprietors of the shop. He invited us in and gave us the full tour of the museum. When I looked online I was mostly interested in photographs of the building but I have to say I was blown away by the friendliness of the gentlemen that run the shop and the wealth of information that they provided. I never knew that weights and measures had such a rich history or could be SO interesting. The gift shop in this museum is much better than the one at the Festing. I really enjoyed the time I spent at this museum and I would recommend a stop to anyone in the Naarden area! I think that maybe the lower reviews were given by people who walked through on their own without one of the very knowledgable gentlemen I encountered. I found the experience wonderful and I would not only recommend this museum, I would be very pleased to visit it again.

Visited February 2014