NH Naarden
Vesting Hotel(Naarden)
$97
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat breakfastthe busrecommend this hotelenjoyed my staybusiness triplittle bitindustrial parkliving roomschiphol airporta great stayrooms are cleanair conditioningstaff were attentiveconvenient locationnhapartmentamsterdam
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were very small and the bathroom in the room smelled like urine from day 1. Kept finding little bugs on the floor and the wall. We requested a fan for the room as there was no air conditioning and they said they had one and would bring it right up. 2 hours later still no fan. So when we left for the day the front desk said yes I still have it for you it will be in your room when you return. When we returned still no fan. When I called they were very rude and said oh well. There are no fans left. The elevators weren't working which was a pain since we were on the 3rd floor and our keys constantly weren't working. The staff in the restaurant was fantastic. Front desk and the manager not so much.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mab1386
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from July 31-August 11th as part of a large Contingent from Canada.

The lobby, restaurant, and bar areas are very nice. The hallways and such in this hotel could use a bit of an upgrade. The rooms are small by North American standards, but are fine for two people.

It was quite hot for the first few days we were there and AC would have been nice, but it cooled off for the rest of the stay and it wasn't really an issue.

I was there for a few days before the rest of our contingent arrived (170+ people) and it was nice and quiet. After the hotel filled up, the staff was doing their best to accommodate, but it seemed like they were a little overwhelmed. (Ran out of towels, public laundry service couldn't keep up etc).

The staff were very helpful, and were always friendly and did a great job communicating (in English) when needed. Especially Geijs in the hotel bar, he was spectacular.

The hotel is a little bit "out of the way" but a quick bus trip (5 min walk from the hotel), got you anywhere you needed to go.

Overall we had a great time here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very nice hotel!

I was at NH Naarden for training purposes. Lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms are great. Both breakfast and lunch were very good, especially the do-it-yourself soup was very popular. Meeting rooms are modern, quiet and have great views to the Dutch countryside. Parking is easy and you are only 30 min away from Amsterdam.

Service was very good, from front desk staff to waiters, everyone was helpful and friendly!

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FlorisDW
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one day as part of tour on 12th June 2013. We received a shock When we went to have our dinner in the dining room; the dinner plates were dirty with left-over food from previous use. It looked like they just collected used plates and left the stack of dirty dishes under running tap for few minutest and called them clean. It was disgusting and unhygienic. Being in the foreign country, all I could do was report to the tour manager that we were part of and complain to the hotel management. From what the tour manager told me, this wasn't the first time it had happened.

I wouldn't not recommend eating this hotel; better yet, avoid this hotel if you can, it doesn't have any other redeeming quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paresh A
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went to meeting at NH Naarden last month. I stayed in apartment room. It was nice and good for family. But Location is a bit far from train station and downtown and no convenient store around there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business