Charme Hotel
Priceline
De Villa(Dongen)
$98
$76
Boutique Hotel Het Scheepshuys(Breda)(Great Value!)
$77
$108
$105
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgood sizestayed one nightheartbusinesseurosbreda
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have the Tulip Inn near the highway 27 and we have the Golden Tulip in the city centre of Oosterhout. The Tulip Inn is a very good hotel, on a good location, value for money excellent.

We made our reservations and the start was perfect, the guy in the reception was friendly, helpfull and said to us "we are here for our cleints". The rest of the 2 days visit was.....bad, very bad.

Travelling from abroad we need some rest, "do not disturb "outside the room, 8.30 chaking in bed because there was some one using a drilling machine! They had a leak in an other room and that was the time to solve is, they had to break the wall. The whole day, complaining resolved nothing. The second day they want to check the room and ingored again the "do not disturb" sign! Oh yes, they said sorry but that was it!

When breakfast was on the end, nobody informed, nobody saying something about it, "Is there anything you want more" is I think the way to close the buffet.

One (the only?) good thing of the hotel is its a 5 minutes walk to the city centre of Oosterhout.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 1leobrasil
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Location o.k. as it's in the centre of town, hidden away in a very quiet corner though.
Room is nothing spectacular but all you need and clean. Beds are a bit on the softer side but we did sleep very well.
No AC but the window can be opened and will give you the natural AC as per your liking.
Nearby main city square with plenty of shops and restaurants, all within a 3 minutes walk.
The staff is friendly and helpful. They do know 100 % what they are doing.
We normally prefer to go outside for dinner but this time we went for the hotel restaurant and it we were not disappointed at all. A good selection at resonable prices and quality was good.
Breakfast was o.k. as well.
Don't book at the hotel's full rate as there are plenty of options on the net to get a (much) better deal.
W'll be back !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tejostr
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son and I stayed here for one night to watch the start of a stage of the ENECO cycling tour. The hotel is right in the centre of town and had the added attraction of the team buses using the car park so my son could easily go autograph hunting! We were on a motorbike so we were able to tuck it away but the usual car park was closed to cars. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were ok. Breakfast was nice but a bit over priced at €16.50. There are plenty of other places to eat just outside in the main square. A very pleasent stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked my room on a very cheap deal with booking.com, so cost wise, no complaints.

A few years ago, the hotel has been taken over by Charme Hotels, and some small renovations been done to refresh it a bit. But if you expect a romantic luxury place, you may be disappointed.

I would position this hotel as functional and a central location in Oosterhout, very good if you want a late night in town. Everything in walking distance.

Summary of my findings:
- Check-in: Swift and friendly staff
- Room: Bit basic room but beds comfortable. It was clean but some small water spots on the wall due to water leakage from the bath on the other side...
- Bathroom: Functional with shower in bath. Good water pressure.
- Internet: Free fixed cable, wifi free but only available in lobby or restaurant
- Parking: You can get a parking card for 2.50 per day at the reception. Normal fee is 1.80 per hour
- The restaurant & Cafe:Breakfast was actually not bad, with nice omelet and more than enough choice.
The restaurant had special deals: 10 euro for a steak menu. I haven't tried it.
The cafe was quiet and I just ordered a glass of wine to take back to the room.
As you are in the center of town, suggest to have a drink in the many cafe's around the market square.

Around the hotel:
Walking distance to the shops, market square and many many cafe's and restaurants.
Great cafe with a sunny terrace out of the wind is De Shout or the cafes opposite. One minute walk from the hotel.

Tip: Every first Sunday of the month, all the shops are open.

I will be returning here again when staying in Oosterhout.
It is convenient, plus to be honest, it is one of the better options you have of the few hotels around. There is another Golden Tulip near the motorway next to a Mac Donalds which is more a Motel. I stayed there once but too far away from everything, too basic and no atmosphere at all.

Hope you find my findings useful:)

Room Tip: The rooms at the back side in the weekend are more quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Warempage
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Where do I start? This hotel has 4 stars but, I think that 2 or 3 stars is a far better rating! The mirror in the bathroom was really filthy, you have to leave on the light in the hall to use the power outlet and there was no WiFi in the rooms (the site said that it was present but in reality it's not!). It was not possible to use the shower in the bath because the whole room would flood in a few minutes! Peace and quiet? No, you can here your neighbors bathroom and toilet like it was next to you pillow! The only good thing was the staff and the breakfast. (Note: I think that the hotel and it's bar/restaurant aren't doing that well: for the bar and the restaurant where only two people on a saturday evening and I didn't see much staff for the breakfast either).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family