WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lanaken, Belgium
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great meals and friendly staff / rooms very clean / Good parking / Nice surroundings / naar to THE cities of THE hague and Amsterdam / breakfast excellent / excellent weather / Good equipment in rooms

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had booked a room, with breakfast, at NH Zoetermeer, however, when I arrived I was told that the hotel was overbooked and they didn't have a room available for me. They arranged a room for me at the Tulip Inn on the other side of the station, and sent me away and said they would get the Tulip Inn to provide me with a free drink to say 'sorry'.

When I arrived at the Tulip Inn, there was confusion over whether I had pre-paid (I had) and whether I had paid for Breakfast & Tax. After some phone calls I was give a room at the Tulip.

I never did get my free 'Sorry' drink, though

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel was bad choice. It has bad location, dark and old fashion rooms, smelly bathroom.
Room was also dirty and beds were extremely not comfortable.

Free internet is slow but premium (paid) is not better at all.

Definitely I am not returning.

Kraków, Polska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was on a business trip and spent one week in NH Hotel. Realy bad memories: dark room, dirty bathroom, 1,5 half day of waiting for iron, very poor choice for breakfest.
But the worst was one of the night, when I was reading in the bed and someone came into my room (it was just before 11 PM)! The ladies at the reception have just given the key to that person not even asking, who she is. She apologized me, but when I made a complain, I was told that "this is not a big deal.
Hopefully I left next day.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
1 Thank AnnaInez
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

rooms we stayed in were very nice with all amenities. Only down side would be restaurant and bar were pretty empty at night. Overall, very good and quiet rooms. Breakfast was decent in the morning and i had no issues with the Wi-Fi, with free passwords for both an ipad and iphone at the same time and no problems downloading emails etc anywhere in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brussels
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very bright and airy, with a modern bathroom. The linens were a bit threadbare and the bed was a cheap foam mattress. My husband loved the orange soap in the bathroom - very fruity bath products. We drove and so parked our car in the underground parking lot - very clean and well lit. We ate a snack in the bar one afternoon (great sandwiches) and breakfast in the morning (very nice spread). The staff are friendly and helpful. We will stay here again when visiting Zoetermeer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
West Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at the NH Zoetermeer for 4 nights. Choose this hotel because of its location (close to the train and motorway).
The first (standard) room that was allocated had a dirty fridge area. On remarking about it at the reception, I was immediately given another room, which was also much better than the one I had in the first place. This room was on a corner, so very light and airy, with separate toilet.
The following morning I was asked to move because they needed to paint the room I was in, so had to move again. This time I was put in a superior room, on the 8th floor which had a nice view, but was a lot smaller and darker.
So, if anyone is thinking of booking this hotel, ask for a corner room!
I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, simply because of the extra costs involved.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room (I was in room 108), but they have them on all floors I believe.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zoetermeer
Golden Tulip Zoetermeer - Den Haag
NH Capelle
#1 of 1 in Capelle aan den IJssel
Van der Valk Hotel Den Haag-Nootdorp
NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst

Been to NH Zoetermeer? Share your experiences!