We made a last minute booking here for a Sunday night in May as the Carbon Hotel in Genk had messed up our hotel booking (see previous review and do not stay there!).
The Sunday night rate is only 130 euros which is less than half of the standard and its worth every single cent! From the minute you arrive down the long drive everything is fantastic. The setting is stunning, the parking is free and convenient to reception, the staff are amazingly welcoming and when we arrived we could not check into our room yet so they gave us robes, slippers and took our luggage then directed us to the pool where we sat on loungers and ordered fantastic lunches by the pool. The rooms are very nice - they are old fashioned but you have everything you need and lovely products, hair dryer, iron and lovely views. Its peaceful, relaxing and a great place to be wined, dined and pampered. In the evening we ate in the Brasserie outside on the terrace - the food is not cheap but its worth it! Again, the staff were fantastic. You do not really need dessert as when you order a tea or coffee after dinner you get an amazing tiered tray of chocolates, truffles and biscuits! Breakfast was not included and we did not want to pay 25 euros so we hopped in the car and drove a few minutes to Valkenburg and sat outside a nice little cafe. Its touristy in Valkenburg but its great just to stop for a bite.
Would highly recommend Chateau St Gerlach to anyone! Once we returned home we even received a nice email checking we had a good time. This was such a contrast to the awful Carbon hotel which were not interested in our complaints of a bad stay and have still yet to respond to my email telling them all the things that went wrong during our stay.
I fully trust any Small Luxury Hotel of the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvelous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg