The beautiful buildings of this splendidly restored complex, with additional buildings where needed, are set in a lovely countryside location in the only hilly part of the Netherlands. The courteous staff could not have been more helpful and considerably added to the delight of our stay. The Champagne buffet breakfasts made a good start to each day and there were plenty of things to explore on the estate and the surrounding country park. There are extensive, well cultivated gardens, an orchard and even a small vineyard. Perhaps a few more gardeners are needed to cope with the immense amount of weeding and hedge trimming required. When we visited there was an excellent sculpture display in the grounds and a corporate hospitality weekend used the chateau as the starting point for a small rally of nostalgic sports cars which was fun to watch. My wife and I didn't use the pool or spa, but others in our party did and were much impressed. We took advantage of the bicycles on hire to see just a little of the surrounding countryside. We had dinner in the atmospheric main restaurant and that was very good. Altogether we enjoyed a comfortable stay at this elegant location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvelous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg