My Partner booked this hotel as a belated birthday surprise, I had no idea where we were heading as we drove through France, Belgium and finally Holland. The grounds and gardens were stunning. Our room was on the top floor and was lovely although maybe a little dark with the beams and dark furniture. We had a swim in the pool and sat in the sunshine which was perfect.
In the evening we ate in the Bistro as we needed to be out early to go to the Andre Rieu concert in Maastricht. The menu was limited but what we had was very good. The following morning we had a very nice breakfast on the patio in the sunshine again which was plentiful and tasty.
For the remaining couple of hours we had a walk round the gardens which were lovely particulary the fruit garden with cherry, apple and pear trees. My only dissapointment was the rose garden which seemed neglected, at this time of year you would expect the roses to be in full bloom but most of the bushes looked very sad and the beds needed weeding.
On the whole it was a lovely relaxing stay and we both enjoyed the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvelous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg