We had a great stay in this hotel. Had dinner in the bistro and in its restaurant. Very good food in a classic and romantic setting. Top.
A problem can be - for a family stay with children - that there are different buildings : for the bedrooms, the restaurant (chateau) , and the main building ( reception, bar, lounge and breakfast)
Unfortunately we had a grandsuite which strongly needed an redecoration.The reception acknowledged this and told me that a programm was on the way. Wifi was free but very slow. We didnot visited the spa.
The location is superb, the price/quality ( linked to the our room ) not good but we surely will come back and then ask for a redecorated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvelous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg