New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A Happy and Tasty Accident” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aan de Linde

Aan de Linde
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Valkenburg
Cuisines: French, Dutch, European, Central European, Gluten Free Options, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Victoria, Canada
“A Happy and Tasty Accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The terrace here at Aan de Linde is beautiful, and as the sun got lower the colours warmed and deepened. The view is directly into some lovely old stone buildings that feel they could pass as a movie set for small town France before the war. It was enough to make me over look the tire American rock music playing on the system.

But you don't go out to eat just for the view, and here the food really steps up to please. Drinks, appies (on the house), bread (on the house), several courses, a good espresso ... over several hours, my tummy and taste buds just got happier and happier! I can only describe the cuisine as classically French with a strong Nederlands inflection. Flavours were strong and complex, but textures soft and inviting. Perhaps it is a perspective of the chef, but there was a lot of peppercorn used and my, oh my, it was balanced and exciting.

To top off the evening, the staff was fabulous. Very attentive, very patient with my lagging Nederlands.

We happened on this place by accident, and even more accidentally found our way around to the back terrace ... and what a happy accident it was.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SyrinxSounds

Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Good Classic French cuisine !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can agree to the positive comments towards this restaurant. The menu itself not fansy but rather classic. However each plate has a good impact to my appetize. I especially liked the scallop starter which was nicely baked and prepared. What I did not like was rather poor wine selection for this kind of restaurant. I expect them to have a triple options so that we can enjoy wine selections.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tuitjenhorn, Northern Holland
“Expensive but very fine quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I liked the fact that the food was excellent and in large portions. I did not like the bill afterwards. Very expensive place. Probably: quality cost money.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Tuitjenhornerdre
Kavala, Greece
“too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the food was perfect ,end the service was exelend,but it is too expensive .we order lamp end it cost 20 euro!!! one mineral water it cost 5,6 euro

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Holland
“Nice location good food and acceptable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We asked some locals for some good dinner options in Valkenburg. Restaurant was mentioned several times and with reason.We first did some drinks on the (full) terrance a the back in the afternoon checking the place out. Food looked good so we descided to reserve for the evening. We had a very enjoyable dinner nice service an ok price.

• Visited May 2012