New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel De Beurs

Hotel De Beurs
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
H'sluis
“Great location, but ....4 stars ?...hmmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I stayed at Hotel de Beurs for one night ( 4th. sept = > 5th sept ). I participated in a 5k run and because the race started relatively early I decided to stay at Hotel de Beurs cause it was located close to the track.
The hotel is easy to find and is in a great location ( even for travellers needing to go to Schiphol airport ). The man at the reception desk was very friendly and I had no problems checking inn. The room was of good size, but for a 4 star hotel I expected a bit more. The walls were once white, a towel with a hole , a sheet with a hole and in the evening / night I found it was noisy too. You could here people walking => probably wooden floors.
Ammenities in the room were basic.
Breakfast was excellent. A good buffet with a lot to choose from. No complaints there. Just a tray would have been nice have.
The menu in the restaurant was good. i didn't eat there, so I cannot judge that.
If you are looking for a nice hotel and great location I would recommend this. If you are looking for a 4 star treatment then i suggest to go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We decided to organize a BirthdayParty for our youngest Daughter.
And decided to do Brunch for 30 people.
Well, we regret it.
The staff was unexperienced/not interested in giving
any service. As we came in the girl at the entrance did not bother to
give the guests a cocktail.
She should have offered it on a tabel in front of her but was chatting with one of
my friends and neither at the ones already
sat at the table before I arrived from the fotoshoot with Family.
The whole time the staff was not focust on work but I had to ask all the time could I have this or what about that?
The cake we had ordered from their bakery(recommended) was:wrong colour, awful taste and nothing like the picture we send to make it like that.
IN OTHER WORDS:
It was a very very bad experience and NEVER EVER AGAIN, NOT EVEN A DRINK IN DE BEURS
And this was not acceptable for the
amount of euros they are charging.
Everybody (from Manager to serving staff )have had not proper
education we believe to manage a Hotel/Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Hoofddorp hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was in this hotel many times but is the worst hotel that I never saw! The rooms are very dirty also the toilets. Old style. Breakfast so poor (nothing to eat) and the restaurant is negative in the total (food, service and speed).
I am not able to understand what does mean 4 stars for this hotel.
Also the price is not cheap at all. I refused to come back there.
You have to pay also the internet connection.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

There is now way this hotel is 4 stars. I would maybe give it 1 star. There were stains outside of the elevator. When I went into my room there was an awful smell. There was mold in the bathroom. I laid down on my "Single" bed and could feel the springs in my back. I highly recommend the Marriott in Hoopdorf instead of this place.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

We recently spent one night here. This hotel is almost within sight of the airport, but does not provide a shuttle service for air travelers. Our room was noticeably dirty -- dust on the surfaces, dead bugs in the ceiling light fixtures, a spider crawling along the drapes. When I mentioned the spider, the manager at the front desk cheerfully said, "Oh, yes. I have three of them at home." (I don't actually mind spiders, but do think it is a sign of poor housekeeping to see one in a hotel room. ) One light did not work; the staff replaced the bulb but did not bother to clean out the dead bugs at the same time. The toilet wobbled. The room had a terrible smell and no means of ventilating it other than opening the windows. Our room was on the ground floor, and the windows were very large, so we were uncomfortable sleeping with them open. Breakfast cost much more than it was worth. Guests are usually charged for Internet use, although I was allowed to check in for our flight at no cost. There was a window in the shower through which people in the neighboring house could have seen into our bathroom; we hung a towel over it to act as a curtain. We had a much nicer stay for less money at Van der Valk Schiphol A4.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank edith-TRIP
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

I stayed at the Hotel de Beurs in Sept 2006 for only a couple of nights. Most hotels in Amsterdam were full at the time of booking and this was the best alternative, even though it was a bit out the way.

It's very easy to get to Hoofddorp from the airport on the train, and I walked it from the station (although I wouldn't recommend it if you're carrying too many bags). There are bus services and taxis of course, it's not too far up the road and it's located in a pleasant area. You can easily get to Amsterdam on the train from Hoofddorp too.

I stayed in a room on the 2nd floor which which was clean comfortable and faced the front of the hotel - the only gripe I had with this was that it was very noisy at night due to youths riding past on their bikes/mopeds, but maybe that was just because there was an event or something on at the time in town.

Comfy bed and the bathroom was pretty good. Didn't bother with the TV though. I didn't take breakfast or dine there but there is a nice Chinese place just down the road.

The staff were pleasant and I had no trouble booking a taxi for the ride back to Schipol. I can't remember how much fares were but it wasn't too expensive. Although, from what I recall, getting a taxi back from Amsterdam to the hotel was about 50 Euros...

I wouldn't mind staying here again, it's not too bad for a couple of nights and it's in a pleasant location.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Noise from the roads
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed at Hotel De Beurs on April 8 only because of a layover in Amsterdam - there are no flights in or out of Schipol between 11 pm. and 6 am.

At the airport, the hotel did not provide transportation and none of the taxis at the airport knew where it was. Luckily, a neighboring hotel's shuttle driver took pity on us and let us ride on his shuttle.

It's a pretty hotel, set in the center of a quaint village. We stopped at the restaurant right away - it served good food. The wait staff seemed quite uncomfortable, though. The front desk person checked us in quickly and sent us off to our room to sleep. Once we got to our room, we discovered there was no alarm clock. When we called the front desk, we were told they don't provide wake up service from 1 to 6 am., because the front desk is closed. Imagine our panic - we had a 6:15 am. flight and needed to wake up by 4:15!

I would advise this hotel to discourage airport travelers from staying there. Most of the staff was uncomfortable speaking english, and the level of customer service was inexperienced at best. The pillows were awful and the hallway noise was terrible. We would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank ParisFan242
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol

Been to Hotel De Beurs? Share your experiences!