“Disrespectful: no understanding of hospitality”
Review of Hotel De Beurs

Hotel De Beurs
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I arrived for a one night layover after a long flight from Australia - this equals very tired, and at 7.30pm - very hungry. I got to the desk and they told me that I was not to stay here, they had booked me into another hotel in their chain. I carefully selected this hotel on the internet to suit my budget (though not particularly cheap), but importantly, to be a cheap cab fare back to the airport for my 7.30am flight the next day. It took one hour before the next booked cab delivered me at the next hotel. The receptionist was misleading when she said the next one was the same distance - it was further and hence a more expensive cab fare. I started eating my dinner at 9.15 pm with no time beforehand to shower and enjoy my 'night out!' I booked my room in March - arrived in July. Hotel management had plenty of time to inform me that my booking would not be honored. I would not have accepted their more distant, "conscripted" choice! When reading the reviews below, perhaps it was best that they 'threw me out' of this unfriendly, uncourteous hotel.

Oh yes. They offer to reply to your questions when you book on-line. I asked if they have a hotel shuttle service. They never replied. I guess that meant 'no'. And perhaps, 'we don't care.'

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We did not stay at the hotel but went there for lunch with my Dutch daughter and grandson on May 2, 2011. The four of us took a tabe on the very nice terrace.
Service was deplorable! The young male waiter was clearly in no mood to serve us! The food was not good to say the least so we thought let's have a desert. We thought the Stroopwafel taart sounded interesting but it was yuckyyyyy - to the effect that, after having tasted it, we left it almost untouched.
When he finally served us the coffee it was lukewarm. When we called to complain (there is a call-button outside) he never came so I finally went inside and returned the coffee to him. His reaction: you can gyess, he was highly annoyed !
Too bad because the terrace is nice.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We were planning to visit Amsterdam and Keukenhof and found every hotel booked in advance so we went for this hotel. The hotel is in Hoofddorp but it is in the city centre and you get buses every 30 mins to Amsterdam and every 10 mins to Harleem. The place is cheaper as compared to other hotels in Amsterdam and bus stop is 2 mins walk. Keueknhof is 9.5 km from there. The bus route to Amsterdam is also very scenic which has canals and farm houses alongside. Although the room we got was a bit stinky but the linen and everything were clean. The hotel people are very helpful and there's a nice parking place. The hotel restaurants is also very nice. There are other eatings joints just 2 min walk from the hotel. The china restaurant nearby is very nice and serves nice authentic chinese food. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I stayed at Hotel de Beurs for one night ( 4th. sept = > 5th sept ). I participated in a 5k run and because the race started relatively early I decided to stay at Hotel de Beurs cause it was located close to the track.
The hotel is easy to find and is in a great location ( even for travellers needing to go to Schiphol airport ). The man at the reception desk was very friendly and I had no problems checking inn. The room was of good size, but for a 4 star hotel I expected a bit more. The walls were once white, a towel with a hole , a sheet with a hole and in the evening / night I found it was noisy too. You could here people walking => probably wooden floors.
Ammenities in the room were basic.
Breakfast was excellent. A good buffet with a lot to choose from. No complaints there. Just a tray would have been nice have.
The menu in the restaurant was good. i didn't eat there, so I cannot judge that.
If you are looking for a nice hotel and great location I would recommend this. If you are looking for a 4 star treatment then i suggest to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We decided to organize a BirthdayParty for our youngest Daughter.
And decided to do Brunch for 30 people.
Well, we regret it.
The staff was unexperienced/not interested in giving
any service. As we came in the girl at the entrance did not bother to
give the guests a cocktail.
She should have offered it on a tabel in front of her but was chatting with one of
my friends and neither at the ones already
sat at the table before I arrived from the fotoshoot with Family.
The whole time the staff was not focust on work but I had to ask all the time could I have this or what about that?
The cake we had ordered from their bakery(recommended) was:wrong colour, awful taste and nothing like the picture we send to make it like that.
IN OTHER WORDS:
It was a very very bad experience and NEVER EVER AGAIN, NOT EVEN A DRINK IN DE BEURS
And this was not acceptable for the
amount of euros they are charging.
Everybody (from Manager to serving staff )have had not proper
education we believe to manage a Hotel/Restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was in this hotel many times but is the worst hotel that I never saw! The rooms are very dirty also the toilets. Old style. Breakfast so poor (nothing to eat) and the restaurant is negative in the total (food, service and speed).
I am not able to understand what does mean 4 stars for this hotel.
Also the price is not cheap at all. I refused to come back there.
You have to pay also the internet connection.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2008

There is now way this hotel is 4 stars. I would maybe give it 1 star. There were stains outside of the elevator. When I went into my room there was an awful smell. There was mold in the bathroom. I laid down on my "Single" bed and could feel the springs in my back. I highly recommend the Marriott in Hoopdorf instead of this place.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Ramada Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Hotel De Beurs? Share your experiences!