“Excellent Hampton property”

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had a very good stay here recently. The rate was excellent - €58 incl tax. The shuttle bus from the airport was on time with a friendly driver. Hotel staff were uniformly welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious and nicely kitted out. The property is under a year old and in an excellent state of repair. The lobby was pleasantly decorated. The breakfast offering was very impressive compared to Hampton Inns in the USA and offered a good spread of hot and cold items. Hoofddorp station was only a 10 min walk away with regular trains into Amsterdam Zuid.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests.

There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Reviewed February 24, 2014

An excelent hotel near to the airport. It is only 10mins by shuttle bus and offers excellent accommodation with friendly and helpfull staff. Its facilities are also very good and you can be sure of a good nights sleep. There are many excellent hotels nearby or you can arrange a take away to be delivered.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Reviewed February 15, 2014

we are 4 adults travelling together for the weekends, and we got this huge room. for the price we pay, it is very worth it. definitely come back to this hotel for our next trip. hotel interior was nice and clean. thumbs up hampton :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Based on my experience I would have to give this hotel top scores! For the area the cost is reasonable and without a doubt the management most impressive! The location is very well managed, clean, organized and welcoming! A venue that truly exhibits the Hilton International Service Industry Standard!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a nice hotel, flooded with a lot of guests. My awful experience included not being picked up at the airport, as I waited in the cold and waiting a little while for a room to be available, due to early arrival. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Ended up staying here for 5 nights, which is likely way more than most guests. The hotel seems to have been created inside a business park building after the fact, as if the building's original intent was not met. Anyway, the room was very nice, clean, new. The staff was nice.
The only downside really is that the lobby really isn't much to look at. Its very modern and clean (and looks new) but it has no personality. But since most people probably are here for a night or two at most, this isn't likely a big deal. The other downside is there is no restaurant.
Breakfast, included with my room rate, was acceptable. Wireless, also part of my room rate, was very good - watched Netflix every night.
The train station is right across the street. Took the train to Amsterdam one evening. There are ticket machines at the station.
I would stay here again as it is very convenient, but not sure about doing it for 5 nights.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is best. Away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. As with many other guests, I was staying over the night before my next flight out of Schiphol. The staff was excellent. They were all welcoming, had many suggestions for dining (if you don't have a car - note you won't have many dining options as you are in the middle of an office park.) The rooms were very comfortable, very nice shower and many other amenities (iron, coffee pot.) Great wifi reception. The breakfast in the morning is very filling with a lot of variety to satisfy everyone's needs.

Note: the shuttle bus arrives at the airport every 30 minutes on the hour. Follow the signs for the hotel shuttle buses. You may want to keep track of the time so you don't have to stand outside if the weather is bad.

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at and I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I think all are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Kind regards and have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!