“Nice hotell in off area”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Malmo, Sweden
“Nice hotell in off area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff, the room, the cleaness, the breakfast, the free shuttle bus fr.o.m. The AirPort was excellent. But surroudings are not fun, and it is hard to find a restaurant nearby, especially on Sundays. Hampton by Hilton does not have a restaurant, that would have been great. It is also difficult to buy tickets to the train in to Amsterdam, although the Hoopdorf station is close. You have to have either coins or Maestro-card. Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, American Epress etc is no good! Would have been great if the hotel offered train tickets or at least change for the machine. We had to take the (free) shuttle bus back to Shiphool. there you can by train tickets with any card.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback, positive as well as constructive. Constructive feedback will help me to improve service and product on a constant base.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments with me.
We will keep on the good work and I hope to welcome / see you soon again in our hotel.

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Rooms were a little small, but adequate. Check in was efficient. Staff were helpful, but needed
more help in the morning for check out with so many people trying to check out for early flights.
The breakfast was the best I have ever seen at a Hampton in all my years of travel- so much variety and meats were individually packed.
They had a shuttle to the airport, and close to train station to go into Amsterdam and airport if needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Noida, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Room was cleaned once in my 4 day stay, on the name of cleaning they just arrange the bed sheets, don't even change them. When I escalated, nothing happened... I raised the issue multiple times, every time I got assurances but no real action. It was such disappointing...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Prateek S
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your email. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback, positive as well as constructive. Constructive feedback will help me to improve service and product on a constant base.

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay in our hotel because of a bad experience with our housekeeping service. I would like to apologies for that. I will take up this matter and your comments with front desk and housekeeping staff.

We do hope that you might consider given us a second chance in the future.

Please contact me directly so I can arrange something nice for you.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The front desk staff were uninformative, and rude. Only 2 staff taking care of front desk, bar, food service. I asked for a beer and a pizza. 15 minutes later still no food - I ask about it. The girl working said "it takes at least 20 minutes". Well, had she advised of waiting time, I'd ordered something cold - a long travel to airport - as such, I am hungry now.
whilst I was waiting for the elevator, I could hear her tell her male colleague some disparaging remarks about me. YOur staff needs to be more discreet - you never know who is listening. I only stayed here because the Double Tree AMS was full. Your staff is rude and as such, I will never recommend your hotel.

Room Tip: don't stay here. rude front desk staff is unwelcoming.
2 Thank GJ_Johnson
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay in our hotel because of an encounter with our front desk staff. After talking to the 2 colleagues that where present on the date you stayed with us, my colleague confirmed he forgot to inform you about the waiting time for your pizza. I understand this is disappointing when you are hungry after a long day. I do would like to assure you that nothing disparaging was said about you while waiting for the elevator. My 2 colleagues where discussing where they failed in serving you.

I do hope that you might consider given us a second chance in the future. This way we can show you we do know how to provide service and hospitality to our guests.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I come to Amsterdam regularly for work and stay at the Hampton by Hilton due to convenience as it is across the street from my office. The staff are amazing and really friendly and nothing is ever a problem. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are tidy, comfortable but good new TV's that accept an external hard drive - great when you want to watch a movie of your own.

The Hotel is new so all the rooms are well furnished with new items. The gym has good fitness machines and although it is small, it is perfect for a hotel this size and I have never had to wait for a machine.
There is no restaurant in the hotel but you can order in from local delivery places - some of which provide healthy alternatives to the regular curry and pizza!! But with Amsterdam so close you can always head there for dinner.

Free shuttle bus to the airport is a great service and close to the train station too if you want to spend the day in Amsterdam.

Great hotel and I will be back.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Hampton. We ended up staying two extra nights because of flight troubles so we actually checked out and came back later in the day and checked back in again. Having the free airport shuttle made our airport difficulties much easier. The free breakfast was very good, clean and abundant, the hotel common areas and rooms were nicely decorated and clean, the beds were comfortable, the showers had good water pressure and hot water, and there is a train stop about 3 blocks away. If you want to walk in the neighborhood, there is a path nearby where you can walk past fields with sheep, ducks and swans. There was nothing about this place that we didn't like. And the nightly rate was super reasonable. I'm going back to Amsterdam and staying there again. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Pewaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Rooms are neat and clean. Breakfast has much to choose from and good. Close to airport with frequent free van service. About 10 miles to Amsterdam but can reach downtown Amsterdam by train from airport or from station 2 blocks from hotel for about $10 euro round trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Jack G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!