WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very good hotel and it was new, so the hotel was nice. The people are very nice and friendly. When we check in, we were greeted by very warm smile. All the staff make us feel very welcome. The free Wifi was good. Even though it was a distance from the city but with the hotel that is just next to the highway, we get to the city very fast. The breakfast was continental and was perfect. The foods ie cheeses and cold cut were packed in a single pack each and was so convenient and hygienic. The small bar at the front desk serve cold beer, which was excellent after a long day out. Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me quickly sum up what we experienced - A brand new hotel, only 3 months old. Pristine rooms, great bed, super service, free, yes FREE shuttle every 30 minutes to and from the airport, free wifi that actually works, 3 minute walk to a train and bus station. The train will have you in the centre of Amsterdam in under 20minutes. And all for £52!

No, we weren't in the middle of Amsterdam in a boutique B&B and a perfect view, but for what we needed - essentially a stress free bed for the night, this was perfect and I reckon unlike a lot of places to stay in the centre, it was silent!

You literally cross the road and hop on the train into the centre for 8euros return. We also went to Amsterdam Stadium for a concert which was about 8euros by bus direct. Public transport in The Netherlands is utter perfection. Everything runs on time, is spotless and everyone is exceptionally friendly.

Thank you for s great stay Hampton. We hope to be back soon.

Flying Tip: I suggest flying with KLM from Manston airport in Kent. Easy parking, 30minutes in the air. Job done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

At the end of our vacation we decided to spend a couple of days in Amsterdam. We wanted a hotel close to the airport and this new Hampton Inn was terrific. After 30 days in small European rooms and tiny beds this Hampton was really appreciated for its modern amenities. The hotel opened in April 2013 so all is nice and new. The best thing of all was the staff.. I don't know where the hotel found so many nice and friendly people. The front desk staff in particular helped with so many things - attraction ideas, directions, printing boarding passes, etc. All had a great smile for us and made us feel very welcome. A nice surprise was the small bar attached to the front desk with cold beer, wine and other drinks at the end of a long day touring.. The full hot breakfast was terrific, lots of choices, plentiful and free. It is about a 10 minute free shuttle ride from the airport. However, WATCH carefully as this hotel only has a small paper sign on the shuttle that we almost missed. They use the Holiday Inn shuttle bus so keep you eye open for this bus. They were always there on schedule for us. Train station is two minutes away for a 10 minute ride to downtown Amsterdam. Or, you can take the train downtown from the airport. Fast, free WiFi in rooms and public area. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little small.. check for upgrades to a larger room as we received.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very good hotel to stay in Amsterdam whether you are in AMS for a stop over or visiting AMS. Could be a bit of a distance from AMS center however there are trains to and fro and this helps. The rooms were not the small European size rooms, but more towards the American standard rooms. This helps families with children without having to jump over other members. Breakfast was continental and was perfectly laid out and excellent. Shuttle ride to the airport was very half hour and prompt and courteous.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marietta, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here one night on a layover returning to the US. This was a brand new property in an industrial park setting about 20 minutes from the airport. The shuttle they provide is shared with a few other hotels in the area. Upon my arrival, there was only a single person, the manager at the front desk and she had her hands full with several guests in front of me. Okay, no big deal, places get busy, so I waited about 30 minutes for my turn. She was very pleasant and welcomed me to the hotel. Check in was easy and off to the room which was a typical European style hotel room. When I went back to the bar at the front desk to get some information and something to drink, I again had to wait 20 minutes or more. Got what I wanted and off to the city. Upon my return, I noticed numerous people lurking about the lobby and a bus sitting outside, apparently a tour bus. Off to my room for the night. I called from my room to request a wake up call as I had an early AM flight. Good thing I had an alarm set because I am still waiting on that wake up call. Got ready to leave and figured I'd have a light breakfast before heading to the airport. Going for breakfast I discovered the breakfast bar to be very small, tucked away at a dead end with what seemed to be a hundred people trying all to get breakfast at the same time. Very poorly thought out and designed. I finally made my way through the sea of people, apparently from the tour bus who were not in any hurry, discussing their trip. After another extended wait I arrived at the food only to discover many of the pans were empty and no signs of replenishment. I settled for a coffee and grabbed breakfast at the airport. DO NOT expect a Hampton experience at this location. I would compare it more to a trip to the zoo. Wait, wait and wait in line, only to find out what you came for is no more. I would have expected more from a Hampton, especially being a new property. I would not stay here again should my travels take me to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Roger P
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments with me. I would like to apologies for the failed wake up call, this should not have happened. I am glad to read you had your own wake up alarm to prevent a bad case scenario. Concerning our breakfast, we made some adjustments that will guarantee hot breakfast dishes true out the entire breakfast time. We will keep on the good work and I hope to welcome / see you soon again in our hotel.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,
______________________________
Mark Welbers
Front Office & Reservations Manager
Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family (2 children of 1 and 7 years old) and I stayed there just for one night during the first week of June. We had to catch a flight connection the next morning from Amsterdam to Aruba and decided spend the night near the airport. We chose this hotel as it was pretty new and they had a shuttle service to the airport. The day of arrival we waited for about 45 min at the airport around 8.00 PM for the shuttle. It just did not arrive and we were "forced" to take a taxi (20 eur) to get to the hotel. That was all right. No problem. Things can happen. We spent the night in a family room (simple, basic, but not that bad!) and the next morning we got to the reception, asking for our shuttle service. We got there at about 10.10 AM in the morning and they said we have 20 min to wait as the shuttle left every 30 min (at 10.00, 10.30, 11.00 and so on). At 10.30 the shuttle didn't arrive. The receptionists (two young girls) said it should be there in few moments. At 10.35, they tried to call the shuttle driver, without any success. Under my pressure, they asked to their supervisor (a young men), what was going on. The manager said me I have two choice: (1) he could call a taxy for us and pay for it; (2) wait 20 - 25 min more to wait for the shuttle of 11.00 o'clock. We were delaying and risking to lose our intercontinental flight and we opted for the first solution. Yet, the taxi didn't arrive. We kept on put the attendant under pressure to know the reason why in Amsterdam a taxi takes so long to arrive. The taxi didn't arrive at all and at about 11.00 o'clock the shuttle appeared. The attendant lied. He didn't call the taxi to save 20 Eur. But, he was a liar and he didn't save his face to us. Anyway, the shuttle drivers kept us very quickly at the airport and after a big rush together with our luggage and small daughters, we were able to catch our flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MaxBarl
Orofino, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

A brand new hotel which just opened April 2013. Complimentary airport shuttle. The train to Amsterdam Central is located at the airport too. Quiet, clean, comfortable and with a very helpful staff.
The only drawback - no complimentary coffee or tea in the lobby after the breakfast hours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!