“interesting menu”

WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Hoofddorp
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Hoofddorp
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine is a hip and stylish take on the gourmet pizza restaurant. The menu offers an enormous variety of pizza, pasta and salads, all with unexpected but delicious combinations and all made with fresh ingredients from the open kitchen. All types of diet are catered for including vegetarian, low-calorie and gluten free. WOODSTONE is open for lunch and dinner 7 days per week.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The menu for this restaurant is quite expanded and they have a variety of unique pizza combinations. It was very crowded on a Thursday evening around 7:30. We chose it because it was convenient walking distance from our hotel near the airport. Service seemed slow and no one in a hurry. Our comment was that next time we are in Italy the pizza will be better. We did not have any wine but they seemed to have quite a variety.

There are newer reviews for WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Hoofddorp

Reviewed December 28, 2013

we were regular customers and we always enjoyed our visits to wood stone.
we arrived on a Sunday at 4pm and waited for 1 hour to have our order taken, the staff were busy re setting tables and cleaning around us, I decided to remark to the waiter how long we had been waiting, the waiter told me that its normal in polite society that you close your menu when you want to order, a sign of an open menu means you are still choosing.
After 1 hour? he began to argue with me, I paid for the drinks and left.
after speaking to other people in the village, it seems they have experienced the same thing when the place is busy.
The food is always pretty good but the service is often patchy.Avoid!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent service, many choices of Italian, a pizza for everyone. Staff is encouraged to be friendly and you can modify the pizzas to suit your taste. Very nice atmosphere for chatting with friends. Appetizers a bit on the small side but good. Their balsamico is out of this world! Pricey by our standards (US) but typical of the area. We'd definitely go again!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

First off, these folks do try hard, very hard. And to be honest, maybe if I was from around this area, I would be impressed. But I know pizza, and the pizza here is very, very lacking. This being said, it was not bad, but see through crust, raw, large cut up ingredients, and exotic greens spread over basically no sauce do not make good pizza ..in my opinion, which is what I'm giving.

Again, I want to say, very good service, not much atmosphere, very crowded, so they must be liked by locals, but if you are used to the worse pizza in the states, you will be disappointed here.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

You can enjoy dinner as a family or as a couple at this Italian restaurant. The service was great. Nicely decorated and clean. The pizza in my opinion was good but not great. I also ordered a salad which was delicious. It's about a 10 minute walk from all the local hotels in town. Depending on the direction you walk from this restuarant can be hard to spot. It's right next to a movie theatre and across the street from a college/school. Out front they have seating to eat outside. Also out front there is a area where local kids ride there skateboards up and down ramps. The restaurant was crowded but we were seated right away. I was told they only have one english menu so you may have to order quickly because you have to share the menu.