Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel De Beurs(Hoofddorp)
  • Pool
All reviewspreviously stayed herefree parking and wifiserves the purposethe room key cardtwin bedsstayed at this hotel for nightshalf an hourstaff was friendly and helpfulvending machinesmoking roomthe hotel staffminute journeya free shuttle buspublic transportbeach houseshuttle servicepleasant hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was there several times, in the middle of knowwhere. Without car is impossible to do something. No gym, no swimming pool or sauna. The rooms are acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank giasone80
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed June 3, 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed here for one night on business in Oct 2008.

Good points: the hotel was clean, bathrooms were too.

Bad points: nobody to check us in when we arrived (it was late at night, about 23.00 hrs). There was one girl who was waitress / bar attendant / receptionist. She was quite friendly, but told us that it was one of her first few days in this certain hotel, she had been moved from another one. We asked a few questions, she wasn't able to help us with some of them.

We had trouble getting food at that time of night, we hadn't had anything to eat and were hungry!. In the end, she did provide us with a plate of fried Dutch specialities.

The door on my room didn't close properly, you really had to pull it strongly to close it!. The rooms were small and very average. The bathroom was small and I didn't like the shower tray, with shower curtain... Water went everywhere!.

I have no idea of how much this hotel costs, but I'm guessing that you get what you pay for. As I say, it was a business trip, not a tourism trip, the booking of this hotel was all handled by the company that I work for.

The rooms have twin beds in them, we had booked two singles so this was a bonus (extra room). There is a nice flat screen TV in the room.

Breakfast was okay, nothing special. From 06.00 - 09.00 hrs. Usual food: cereal, fruit salad, coffee, tea, orange juice, toast, bread, etc. Some cooked dishes: eggs, etc.

I probably would stay here again, but only because it is quite near to the airport. I wouldn't stay here if it was a tourism vacation. There is a free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

Oh... we did have terrible trouble with getting a taxi from Shiphol airport to the hotel. They didn't want to take us, they said that it was too near to the airport (they had been waiting for clients for over 2 hrs), and that we had to get the shuttle bus. It was raining, it was dark, we had no idea of where this bus was... We said that we wanted a taxi, we even said that we would pay them extra if need be. In the end, they charged us 45 Euros for the journey from the airport to the hotel. I would say that if it at night-time, it is wise to get a taxi (we also had heavy luggage with us), if not, then get the bus.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Daniella B
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Modern large rooms. Very clean. Friendly staff. Outstanding breakfast buffet. Free airport shuttle.
free parking.
A great deal at a very reasonable price. I stayed just one day but plan to stay there again next time.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank springHouston
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I just needed a place to crash, and somebody booked the Bastion Hotel Schiphol Airport for me. It's just about a 5-10 minute ride, even though I didn't need to be there (but elsewhere). THe rooms are very basic, as is the bAthroom. The breakfast is just great for such a 3-star accommodation. I can recommend this place to anyone who is searching for a clean, comfortable and affordable room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Flying_Dutchguy