“Inexpensive Pit-stop near Schipol that ticks all the boxes”

Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
bangalore, India
“Inexpensive Pit-stop near Schipol that ticks all the boxes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Located about 10 km from Schipol, Bastion Hotel offers everything that one requires in an overnight pit-stop, in between busy work days:
i) decent breakfast
ii) very clean, decent sized rooms (largish for Europe)
iii) decent food
iv) considerate service.
Nothing is excellent except for the value which was amazing - Euro 74 including breakfast - can't be beat.

Room Tip: Insist on rooms on the ground floor (Ist floor in US terminology) as the hotel does not have an elev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

this hotel is in my view an average hotel, the staff are very pleasant and very helpful they give good advice and seem to work long hours.The hotel is about 3km away from the airport on the edge of a small town this can be a problem because most of the large cities such as Amsterdam, haarlem and the hague are reached by train from the airport ,however there is a regular free shuttle to and from the airport which picks up and drops off at the hotel entrance.the rooms in the hotel are quite small with ensuite facilities and are kept clean and tidy there is a kettle and fridge in the room and tea/coffee provided for brewing up.The room we stayed in seemed to be opposite the one that staff used to take their breaks in so there was a door opening and banging shut quite regularly, the beds were long and not bad comfort wise, again these were clean and tidy, The rooms have a tv in them.....only small but not a problem for a short stay,outside the hotel is a motorway to various destinations but it is far enough away not to be a problem with traffic noise, there didn't seem to be many local facilities such as pubs and restaraunts but there is a tennis centre right next door to the hotel.I would recommend this hotel to people that are not bothered about a bit of travel disruption or to those who prefer a bit of peace and quiet away from the city centres.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the one that staff use for their breaks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our employees in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Camberley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Basic and OK as an overnight location. However, beware the shuttle. There is a two stage shuttle from the Bastion to the Best Western and then a change to get to Schiphol. Twice in three trips I ended up with a wait of 20 minutes+ at the connection so a trip that you would think would take 12-15 minutes, took 45+. Probably safer and more reliable to take a public bus!
When I complained about it at reception, I was told that "Yes, it used to be good, but we need more written complaints". An unusual concept in staff complaint handling and customer service.

1 Thank bobr666
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a new hotel, next to the old Bastion/ Best Western near Schiphol and it improves little. Airport hotels run around the clock- people want to sleep, so silence/quiet is essential. Why then do hotels insist on wooden floors?? The guy above my room was moving his chair radomly every few minutes- it was like the proverbial left boot.....but continuously.....
Carpet works for me- it may give housekeeping a bit more work but it does keep the noise down!
On the plus side? Good windows- not only do they keep the aircraft at bay when closed but they actually open and the bathrooms are new- so they work better than the old Bastion!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bastion was selected as the only available and affordable accom near Schiphol, all others were booked. Was not prepared for "reserving" shuttle when departing hotel. No instruction. Comfortable sleep, not made for long stay or seasoned traveller. Front desk was curt and polite but not welcoming. Electronic front door is a bit discerning having to ring bell to be let in. Will not likely return if my other accom places become available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose this hotel to save money while visiting Amsterdam with my parents. The daily stay prive was good, and including free parking and wifi in the rooms. To get to Amsterdam proper, we took the hotel shuttle to the airport, which ran often and was easy to book (reservations suggested but not required), and took the train to Centraal Station. The cost of 4 return tickets Schipol Airport-Centraal Station made the stay a little less cost-saving than planned.

My biggest complaint is that it took two days to convince management that the cold water was not functioning in my parents' room; management tried to convince us we didn't know how to use the knobs correctly. Dissappointing, that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, September 5, 2013

Turin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is not bad for the room price and availability of free parking and wifi. Cleaning is also ok for a 3 stars hotel, close to the airport and to the nice town of Hoofddorp and also not far from the beach of Zandvoort and also from Amsterdam and Harlem. The breakfast is really too expensive for the price of 14 Euro a person. The reception personnel is really arrogant and give the impression to the guest of not being welcome to the hotel, of course if you ignore this, the hotel overall is ok, there is no lift so the place is not easily accessible to disabled people. Necessary is a car to get to the hotel, public transport is available, but the location is quite peripheral.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank afnium
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies.

Maik Willems
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel

Been to Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp? Share your experiences!