“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Nice, France
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, to be honest I don't have something special to say about this place.

The night cost me 44 € + 5 € tax, 49 €.

Average price for average quality of hotel. The receptionnist at night was really nice, he carry my 27kg luggage to my room very nicely.

The really bad things, is that they pretend to offer a free drink when you check in with foursquare, but in reality they don't ...

Last bad point is that the bus stop is 10min walk to the hotel, and they aren't any sidewalk ... i had to carry my luggage on the grass.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at Schipol after a one hour flight and waited for over one hour for a courtesy bus. First bus was small and a very irate crowd surrounded it, we were all assured that there would be a larger one along in 15 mins. It arrived but was quickly filled. The few remaining people were assured that another would be along in 5 mins. After 30 mins I used the contact phone. About 10 minutes later the last seen bus returned and took us to the Best Western Hotel where we transferred to the smaller bus we had first seen at the airport about one hour earlier! Pathetic.

Hotel was pleasant enough although the wifi stopped at about 23. 00 hrs.

Breakfast was good.

Will never, never, use again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank d_bedborough
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed overnight in May 2013 to catch an early flight out of Schiphol. The parking lot was tight with narrow spaces - typical for Europe but difficult for an American like me to maneuver. Staff was friendly. The room was basic. It lacked convenient electrical outlets to power/recharge devices - I needed to use the bathroom outlet to recharge devices. My main complaint is that there was a mild foul odor in the bathroom - tolerable but definitely noticeable.

The hotel had a bar where there was some activity. There were not many commercial establishments in the immediate area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MaxConcrete
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, June 4, 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time trip to Amsterdam for me and the girlfriend. We decided to do it on a budget and this is what we got.

Budget hotel with good facilities i.e internet smoking area etc.

Hotel was clean staff was friendly.

Free shuttle to and from the airport we couldnt complain.

We would stay their again if we was on a budget.

I would Recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkM1987
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Lochristi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Bastion hotels is part of the Best Western group, so if you look for the free shuttle at the airport, look for a blue van with both logo's of Bastion and Best Western.
The vans are rather small and for that reason they might be full before all passengers are accommodated.
Unlike Best Western near the airport, Bastion.hoofddorp is in the middle of nowhere so nothing to see or do near the hotel.
The hotel is basic but serves the purpose because all you need is there.
Clean comfortable room with tv, small bathroom and coffe/tea maker.
Guests who come with a car can make a deal with the hotel to leave the car at the big parking while on voyage.
Breakfast buffet cost 8 euro and the menus card in the room for other meals has no price indication what may suggest the the price is rather high.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from April 15-April 18 .Very very friendly and helpful staff, especially Jeroen, Gabi Jenifer, Milan the driver( sorry I don't remember everyone's name.
Clean, great buffet breakfast.
Very convenient to be close to the airport.
Great value for the money.
I would definetely recommend to other people.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, or at least I did not notice Not for kids.