I've stayed at this hotel previously and it was good, not brilliant but worth the budget price. So this time was a disappointment when the staff just couldn't get it right. The annoying thing is that the facilities are great - it's all there but not served up correctly.
On arrival they'd added the cost of breakfast to our quoted price (at 14 euros each per morning) - I think not. McDonalds do it for 5 euros just across the car park.
Our first and only meal in the restaurant resulted in undercooked pork and cold spinach (we told the waiter and he took it back - but it never came out again), when we complained he said he'd "taken 50% off the wine". Then he walked off and left us without the option for desert. That crap meal left us hungry and cost me 47 Euros.
The room was stone cold when we got in - someone had turned the radiator off. Once we turned that back on it was toasty (just as well as it was snowing outside - for 2 days).
My wife tried the swimming pool, the lights were off and the water cold, so she mentioned it to the staff and they put the lights on. We tried the pool again the following day and the temperature was still too low, just a couple of degrees would make it bearable, there doesn't seem to be anyone in charge of it or the gym. I tried the gym, the treadmill didn't work. I tried the steam room, it didn't work. Complained. Tried the following day - daylight - lights are on, pools cold, steam room producing less steam than the kettle at the Hilton, but eventually struggled up to sufficient heat to warm me from a dip in the cold pool.
We used the shuttle bus to get back and forth to the airport/train station. Out of six journeys we got turned away three times due to overcrowding. On the worst one we got turned away twice at the airport in the evening on consecutive buses because there were twice as many guests as seats and the bus still didn't come more frequently. We eventually (cheekily) got the NH Hotel bus and walked over the road (after having a guilty drink in their bar). The final straw was the last journey - when we had reserved seats (as advised) but still didn't get a bus and one of the drivers stormed off with no passengers .........
Don't bother filling out the online feedback form - they just email saying exactly the same as they've put at the bottom of each of the poor ratings below but I guess they'e got a captive audience of sorts so they can get away with ignoring the details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel is a luxurious four star hotel that lives up to the Best Western standards. The hotel stands for personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive price. The hotel offers 24-hour front office, comfortable hotel rooms and an a la carte restaurant. Guests are welcome in our cozy hotel bar and special smoking lounge. The smoking lounge provides a LCD television screen with sports channels, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. Furthermore, the hotel offers free use of its fitness and swimming pool facilities available for all hotel guests, air-conditioning and free wireless internet in the entire hotel. A computer is available at the lobby for hotel guests to use at no additional costs. The hotel is situated along the A4, across Schiphol Airport. By car, Schiphol Airport can be reached within seven minutes. Cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For the business traveler, Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideally located near several business centers. Location / accessibility The hotel is situated along the A4, across airport Schiphol. The airport can be reached within seven minutes by car. A lot of attraction cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For business guests, the Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideal. Airport Schiphol and a lot of business centres in Amsterdam are easy accessible from the hotel. Rooms The hotel offers 190 comfortable deluxe rooms and 5 Quads. The deluxe rooms are equipped with a television, modem, working desk, safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious and additionally offer a kitchenette and a sleeping sofa. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and in weekends from 7:00 till10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 Hrs. Schiphol Airport Shuttle Service Our free shuttle bus departs from the hotel to Schiphol Airport every 30 minutes; on the whole and on the half hour. The first bus departs at 6.00 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.30 P.M. Our free shuttle bus departs from Schiphol Airport to the hotel every 30 minutes; quarter to and quarter past the hour. The first bus departs at 6.15 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.45 P.M. You may find our shuttle bus at Schiphol Airport at the area for hotel shuttle services at platform A9, located directly outside the arrivals hall. This bus may be recognized with the names Best Western Airport & Bastion Hotel stated on its side. A reservation is not required for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. A reservation is required for the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport and can be made at the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Best Western