“An alternative for the usual airport eat-outs, but not great”

The Brasserie at Schiphol Airport
Ranked #86 of 110 Restaurants in Hoofddorp
Cuisines: Dutch
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I travel 1 or 2 times a week via Schiphol Airport Amsterdam. So I know and have eaten at most of the airport's restaurants and take aways.

And if you eat at Schiphol on a regular base, the overall choice and quality is average. And as on many airports, food is expensive.

The Brasserie is located in departure / lounge 2 of the airport, at level 2, close to the central foodcourt.

The food is international bistro and prices are above average, compared to alternatives in Schiphol. However keep in mind that this restaurant positions itself in a higher standard. Meaning look and feel, menu, serving and price.

I have been here quite some times as for me its an alternative compared to a Eur 6 sandwich + Eur 3.- coffee and that you need to sit massively on a court.

The look and feel is more sophisticated and the restaurant area is more privately.

The service / waiting is not great, so don't expect too much here. The menu range is ok and the prices are fair considered we are on very expensive real estate and that you also pay Eur 6.- for a sandwich somewhere else for take away.

The quality of the food is ok, not great. Service is a bit slow, but in my case they acted appropriate.

Again if you dont want to sit in the crowd, dont fancy McDonalds of other sandwich fast food, this is a good alternative.

But again, do not expect too much!

There are newer reviews for The Brasserie at Schiphol Airport

Reviewed February 8, 2014

After a long couple of days away from home I wanted a nice meal and a relax- should have gone to KFC! I haven't experienced such a rude waiter since I went to Paris! Very rude, very slow and less than average food.

1  Thank Melanie E
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Decent enough menu, but very expensive!
Quick to get you seated, service slows down after that.
Food ok.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Reasonable choice of food. Had a quick snack here but service was a shade slow. I have eaten here before so knew what to expect, however. Very busy at the peak time that I was there. Nothing to write home about.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped by yesterday for a quick bite to eat whilst waiting to board a flight.

I first reviewed the menu and saw there was what was described as a quick menu.

Thinking I would receive my food within 15 minutes I decided to eat in The Brasserie and asked the staff where I could sit to which their response could not have left me feeling less welcome.

After finding a seat I waited 15 minutes for a waiter to come over and ask me what I would like to drink, he forgot my drinks order twice and it took another 10 minutes for him to come back with the drink. 25 minutes to get a drink when waiting for a flight? Not good!

I ordered what I thought would be a quick dish - Some chicken wings and a pasta dish. The chicken wings took 30 minutes after ordering to be delivered to my table.

I asked that my pasta dish be brought to me whilst still finishing the chicken wings as I was becoming worried about time.

After this I reminded the waiter twice I was was in a rush and could not wait much longer therefore would like my bill at the same time.

Upon making a third request after waiting 1 hour and 5 minutes I decided I could not wait any longer and requested the waiter cancel my order and bring my bill.

I was made to feel very awkward and rather than fulfil my request the waiter and another colleague tried to make out the order was within a reasonable about of time - Given the note on the menu that these were 15 minute dishes I think they did not have the best arguement.

All in all - Very average food. Very slow service and awful customer service skills. Avoid!!!

2  Thank MrandMrsStanley