“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel is old but kept in rather good condition. Also considering the money we paid compare to other hotel in the area for the overnight stay it was definitely a good choice.
Rooms were very clean - mini bar, kettle with coffee and tea available too.
The hotel has a little gym and a nice small pool, whirlpool and sauna at guests disposal until 11pm.
Check out on Sunday is at 5pm - this is a great feature !

Customer service was excellent at both reception and restaurant!!

The only downside of this place is the parking if you reach the place by car like we did; i find it expensive 17,50 per day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Madame,

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We strive to meet the expectations of our guests and it is so nice to read that we have succeeded in most of them with you - especially the Endless Sundy (breakfast till noon and free check-out up to 5 PM on Sunday), which we are offering our guest free of charge and year round.

Regarding the parking costs I would like to mention that we have different rates, also including parking, so hopefully we can offer you a rate that meets your budget for your next stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel overnight during a layover from Venice on the way back to the US. The amenities were far better than I am accustomed to in most European hotels (indoor pool, sauna, squash courts, airport shuttle). The employees were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit older but very clean and a great value for the money. In addition, I left an expensive hat in my room and when I contacted them, they were very helpful in arranging the return of my hat. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

David
Knoxville, TN

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David C
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and your wonderful comments - it would be our pleasure to welcome you again at the NH Schiphol Airport hotel!

Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here prior to my earlier Morning departure. First I could not cool down the room, I called and they sent someone to the room. It would not cooldown because they don't have AC, the fan was just a fan to outside air, as I was on the first floor I could not even open a window.

There is a bright light here, McDonalds is just across the street.

I am glad I only spent one night thre.

Room Tip: Walk across to McDonalds, food is as expected there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry that you have experienced some inconvenience with regards to the air conditioning. Indeed, the windows in our rooms cannot open as they protect against any noise pollution from the airport.

Due to the fact that the windows cannot open, there is indeed a fan that makes sure fresh air from outside is blown into the room, but the room does has an air conditiong system next to that.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the fact that this hasn't been communicated to you and that there has not been any taken proper action to make the airco work. Agan, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has cause you.

Please do not hesitate to react in case you require any further explanation.
Red Lodge, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a wonderful time ,, the Hotel was very clean and nice ,, Breakfast was really good' I will be back with my family again soon ,,Thank you all for you Hospitality ,,. Me and my Girls enjoy been our stay .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience - it would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family again at the NH Schiphol Airport hotel!

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

As you might already have discovered, Amsterdam is a very expensive city. If you are looking for a very nice hotel without breaking the bank, this is your hotel. It is located far from the city center (tourist area), but it offers a free shuttle that in less than 10 minutes will have you at the airport. From the airport, you can take one of the very frequent trains directly to the city center.
This is a very luxurious looking hotel. The rooms are very nice, with lots of amenities. The only disadvantage of the hotel is its location. It is located in the middle of an business area, so it is surrounded only by office buildings and more hotels. There is nothing to see or do in the area, except for a McDonald's restaurant located right outside the parking lot of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

NHSchipholAiport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Elhia D.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience - it would be our pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel.

Have a wonderful day!
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I arrived to this hotel in order to use it as a layover hotel, meaning that rest and nearby commodities is a must. Kindness of the staff, not really needed.
It turn out to be the exact opposite.
The staff was very attentive and friendly, helped me in any question I had. Nothing but great customer service.
In regards to rest....try to imagine that your room is right at the end of the airport runway, the exact spot where all the 747 jumbos full throttle their engines. right below them. that's where my room was. Windows rambled like I was inside a Hitchcock movie, playing the soon to be next victim.
So what can a person that tries to avoid the noise do? Go for a bite, right? Naaaa. Nowhere to eat miles around. There is a McDonald 100 meters nearby, but I am not in the polymer business, so I meant proper food. Nada.
You guessed right, I order a brown round thing with some tired green thing and a slice of a red thing inside two small pillows, all filled with loads of corn sugars and convinced myself that counts for something edible and try to accumulate as much tiredness I could.
So finally, I entered the room (basic and good, all you need for a short pseudo nap) and got 2 hours of sleep, all between the 16:05, 16:28, 16:49, 17:05 and 17:26 departures.

Room Tip: Rooms 25 floors under ground level should be quiet enough
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NHSchipholAiport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you in particular for your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff.

On the other hand, I am very sorry that you experienced some noise-pollution from the airplaines flying over. As our rooms are soundproofed against any noise from the airport, I am very sorry that you experienced otherwise.

Please feel free to react in case you should have any questions.

Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I wasn't impressed with this hotel,mainly because of the room. The hotel itself is average but the staff like in most hotels were helpful, friendly and always polite. Unfortunately lately I am finding more and more hotels with poor cleaning standards. The room floor was so dirty and covered in dust(See the pics of what I picked up when I rubbed my hand across the floor beside the bed), the bed was dressed daily but the bin wasn't emptied and the empty bottles were not cleared up for more then two days. There was a stain on the headboard right above where you are supposed to sleep, again would have easily been cleaned but horrible to look at. The table had strips missing off it which made the room look tacky. Overall very poor and certainly a hotel that will not be on my list of places to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lostandlooking
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

I am grateful for the comment you have made regarding the friendliness of our staff, and will definitely make sure your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the room will be shared with our Houskeeping deparment in order to underline the importance of our standards.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvience this has caused you, and please feel free to react for any further information you may require.

Have a nice day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!