“These boots aren't made for walking!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
“These boots aren't made for walking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We got the hotel and flights from Glasgow for £187 so overall I was delighted, our room was gorgeous, but it was a long walk to get to from the main reception. The hotel itself is a 10 minute bus rode from the airport which is handy but having to then get a train into the city centre everyday became a bit irritating. The staff were a great help from giving perfect directions to getting us milk and sugar even at 3am.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for only one night as a stopover, the hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff were very good in all areas and helped out when you needed, the rooms were a good size ( for Europe ). I thought you would be able to here the planes, but you didn't even notice them. We ate there only for breakfast and it was good breakfast, overall the hotel was pretty good. The only thing, it's not close to the city. To get to the City ( Red Light District ) it's a 50euro drive in and out, but do it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I booked this hotel via a blind booking website, so only found out after booking that I would be staying here. Everything from start to finish went extremely smooth.
When I arrived at the airport, a shuttle bus had just arrived and once we got to the hotel, check-in was very quick. I asked for a reservation for the shuttle the next morning and was handed a voucher. Apparently they have recently changed their shuttle system, but you now need to make a reservation for a certain time which will also guarantee you a spot on the bus.
My room was spacious and clean. I was traveling by myself but to my pleasant surprise, the bathroom had a shower, as well as a bathtub :-)
The bed was also extremely comfortable. The free WIFI wasn't fast, but it did work.
Check-out was no exception to the trip so far and went without any issues. The shuttle was on time and the driver friendly.

I can definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay if you are looking for comfort. The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is hygienic as possible as well. Everyone is so helpful and nice.
The breakfast has rather better options compared to other hotels in Europe. I had stayed in BH Brussels as well and i think they do their job well.

Stayed October 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My overnight stay here was a mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous. I arrived at around 21.20, and the check-in experience was very positive - the welcome was friendly and informative, and I was told that I had been upgraded to a larger room. I asked when the restaurant closed and was told at 22.00. I purchased a meal voucher, which entitled me to 2 courses from the menu, or 4 courses from the buffet, and went directly to the restaurant. There was no buffet, and only one very stressed member of staff serving. After being bypassed for around 15 minutes, I went to the bar to order. My Caesar Salad starter came very quickly, but without any dressing, and after a wait of over 20 minutes, by which time I was the only person remaining in the restaurant, I went in search of my main course, which I think had been forgotten. It arrived 5 minutes later. While I was eating it, 3-4 additional members of staff appeared, and started preparing the tables for breakfast. I had menus, candles and table decorations snatched from under my nose while they carried on a very loud conversation between themselves.
The room was very nice, and the breakfast buffet was sumptuous, and in general I had a positive impression of the hotel. In view of my dinner experience, however, I am not sure that I will hurry back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
San Diego, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay in if you need to access Schipol early. Shuttles start running at 6am and will have you to Schipol in 10 min. The hotel is very nice and you can get good rest before or right after your travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Kuopio, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel looks a bit old and ugly on the outside, but the interiors are very neat and clean. The front desk personnel were all very helpful and polite and spoke English very well. The room was spacious and clean. The bed and pillows gave us a good nights sleep throughout the whole stay. Breakfast was perhaps the best hotel breakfast I´ve ever had! The shuttle service was very convenient and worked well for us, but remember to book your seat in advance, if you´ve got a tight schedule. I have only positive things to say about this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Been to NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!