“Nice property just the shuttle service was a drawback”

Courtyard Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to a family event in Maastricht, Netherlands. Overall, it is a very nice property and it terms of appearance, room quality, food, etc., it is a cut above many of the Courtyard by Marriott properties that I have stayed at in the USA. I had a small dinner at the bar (due to my late arrival) and thought the food and service was good. The breakfast was excellent with a broad selection. My room was very nicely appointed and the entire property has a very stylish and modern feel. The only drawback was the shuttle. After a long flight from the USA through London Heathrow, I waited almost 50 minutes for the Airport Shuttle. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute ride from the airport and there was apparently construction which caused the delay. However, I was really not up for that long of a wait and thought perhaps the hotel should have added extra staff/ shuttles to accommodate for the delay. On my departure, the shuttle was scheduled to leave at 8:05 and we didn't leave until almost 8:20. I didn't have a flight to catch (instead getting a rental car for the drive to Maastricht) but counted on the shuttle leaving on time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for the review that you have left on the tripadvisor page.

Every day we work hard to make the stay of our guests memorable and we take great pride in it if we succeed.
I will pass on the information to my colleagues so we can maintain the service level and standards oft the rooms as they are at the moment.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Amsterdam Airport

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a terrible smell. Furniture and carpet has not been replaced for 11 years. House keeping forgot to clean my room one day. Every day I was there house keeping did not pick up glasses in the room, even after I mentioned to the front desk. This is an airport hotel but 20 minutes away. Front desk staff very cordial.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Richard Y
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Two other friends and myself shared a room at the Courtyard near Schiphol. The shuttle pick up was an excellent service and the driver was especially helpful. We felt welcomed to Amsterdam simply by riding with him and his great attitude, I wish I knew his name, but I think it is John. If he had not gone the extra mile to wait for us on our excursion via train down to Central Amsterdam via a return to Schiphol we would've been "out in the rain." Thankfully, our shuttle driver cared about the possibility of late arriving passengers. The shuttle stops running from the airport at 11:30pm. It was 11:42pm when we got on the shuttle and the heavens opened up to pour down rain. We rejoiced at his kindness and went back to a warm and welcoming hotel staff, where we enjoyed a great night sleep and more than adequate accommodations. It's is often the little things that make the difference. Thankful to have discovered them at the Courtyard near Schiphol.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard!

Thank you for being our guest and we are very happy that you feel at home with us. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back with us for yet another visit.

Many thanks also on behalf of the team here at Courtyard.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We needed to stay somewhere for one night post cruise and had some Marriott points that we wanted to use. The shuttle from the Central Station was on time and well worth the money. We took it back to the airport the next morning.
We loved this hotel. It was clean, rooms were good size, beds comfortable and the park behind the hotel was an added bonus. We even watched a horse show while we were there. We ate at one of the restaurants on site and the food was wonderful.The staff was very helpful and friendly. We took a bus to the little town of Haarlem. It was a short walk to the bus stop and the bus system was very efficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The establishment was very accommodating and I was just staying one night waiting out a flight the next morning... they had room, so put me on the top floor in a suite size room for a European hotel room (many are dorm room size)... this one was gorgeous... windows on two sides, huge bathroom with large hydro-jet tub, double sink vanity and a three head shower that was the whole back wall of the bath... with the loo in a separate closet... very very nice... this hotel is on the edge of a park with a lake and many trails for riding or walking... it is a little inconvenient from the airport, but they have a shuttle that runs on the half hour... just a note - I was out too late to get the shuttle and a cab was on the order of 30 Euros... pretty high for a quick trip to the other side of the airport... but this one is overall much nicer inside than many Courtyards... also I am Platinum and probably was upgraded to that room for free but would normally be much more expensive...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2013

With the Marriott hotels you know what you can expect. We had to spend a night here when our flight was cancelled. Unless I had a car I would not have chosen to stay at this location because it is a 20-25 minute drive from the airport and feels like it is in the middle of nowhere.
The service was outstanding.Without exception every person, from the driver of the hotel van to the front desk personnel and restaurant workers, was friendly, courteous and helpful, and contributed to make our involuntary stay as pleasant as possible under the circumstances. The hotel restaurant did not have an extensive menu, but the food was good and the serving sizes generous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a very upscale Courtyard hotel. The breakfast buffet was impressive but too expensive for my wallet. The facilities and my room were immaculately maintained.

The only negative about the hotel is it's distance from the airport. It takes the shuttle a good 20 minutes (didn't time it, so I may be exaggerating) to go from door-to-door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Martijn Beekhuis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!