MARRIOTT COURTYARD-AMSTERDAM AIRPORT APRIL 2013
This is a pleasant Courtyard in great condition, near, but not actually at the airport. This is an important distinction because you can find several reputable hotels right on the airport property and within walking distance to the terminals.
The up-graded room we had was on the top floor with great views of the parks and farmlands nearby.
Next door is an events center with two restaurants and a museum that covers the history of the entire area, which once was a huge lake.
There is nothing else of consequence near the hotel, so this is not a good base if you are visiting Amsterdam, but it is a satisfactory overnight hotel for arriving and departing flights from Schipol Airport. The hotel restaurant didn't open until 6 pm and we wanted an early dinner, so went to the one open restaurant in the events center, which opened at 5pm. This points up one of the problems: if you arrive at an odd hour, there is nowhere to eat anything. If you stay at one of the on site airport hotels, you have a vast choice of places to eat.
As in the Marriott Renaissance Hotel in Amsterdam where we spent six previous nights, there were problems with internet access here at the Courtyard. Even with tech help, I was unable to get access with my laptop or phone. A common problem perhaps, but still annoying.
Adjacent to the events/conference center, the hotel has plenty of parking (with a fee).
Quiet and comfortable. Plan on allowing an extra 20-30 minutes if you take the hotel shuttle to and from the airport. Great front desk staff.
Also be aware that the hotel charges a fee to take you back to the airport, which is a bit deceptive because there is no mention of it when you go from the airport to the hotel.
This is perhaps the cleanest, best maintained Courtyard I have stayed at in Europe. Because it is not in the city, the usual slease factor, such as in Munich near the haupbanhof, is not present.
Everything in the room and rest of the building was spotless and well cared for. Bedding was great.
Recommended for a quiet and refreshing overnight stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at this 4-star hotel, you would never imagine you are just 12 minutes from the airport. Set within a serene park near a beautiful lake, the hotel is in good reach of Amsterdam and Haarlem. The hotel offers first-class spacious rooms that include luxury bedding and free Internet access. After a busy day, take a walk in the park and catch up with friends and colleagues in our onsite restaurant or bar. Next door you will enjoy a game of bowling at Claus Bowling or you can place your bets at the casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Courtyard Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Courtyard Hotel Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Courtyard