“No water”

GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“No water”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited the restaurant after going to the gym and requested some tap water and the request was refused, the waitress said she would like to help but it was against policy. I had still ordered drinks and food from the menu so was very surprised by this. I understand this might not be against the law in the Netherlands but the result was that I cancelled my bookings for the next 3 weeks so this policy probably cost the hotel a whole lot of revenue. Oh and I went up to my room and brought my bottle of water down to the table....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would say this place is good only if you have a transit stay. Place is quite far from city and not a right place if you are planning to visit city.
Photo's are more attractive on website as compared to actual building.. Having said that hotel is nice. Some restaurants are near the hotel. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Any room , all are same
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Manuonly,

Thank you very much for your stay. Your business is highly appreciated.
We will review our photography, thank you for sharing this comment with us.

We hope to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I cant recommend this hotel highly enough. I organised a meeting here for a large group of visually impaired people, many of whom were accompanied by guide dogs. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful to our group, both in terms of the arrangements for our meeting (which were perfect) and in terms of assistance to those of our meeting participants who needed additional assistance. The meeting rooms were on the ground floor and had excellent natural light, which is always appreciated when so many meeting facilities are in dimly lit basements. The refreshments were great and my only complaint is that they gave us access to far to many chocolate bars, pastries and sweets! The AV equipment we needed worked well and the staff responsible for the meeting areas were always available and managed to sort out any issues we had.

Our meeting was complicated by the fact that it coincided with a very heavy snowfall which closed schiphol and delayed many of our participants and completely prevented others from coming. This placed additional pressure on the hotel staff which they coped with brilliantly. The footpaths and walking areas outside the hotel were cleared of snow very efficiently and almost as soon as the snow stopped falling,

The bedrooms were large. clean and very comfortable. There was excellent wifi throughout the hotel (free in the public areas)

The surroundings of the hotel are great, it is situated in a large park with areas suitable for exercising the guide dogs. I noticed that the hotel also provided bikes - although given that we had to deal with about 40cm of snow, we didnt use them!

At the end of our conference, the reception staff were extremely helpful in liaising with the airport to arrange special assistance for those of our departing delegates who needed it, which was very useful. I was also very happy with the airport transfer service the hotel provides, the drivers were helpful and polite to all our delegates.

My one reservation about the hotel is that although the excellent breakfast and lunch buffets were served in its own dining room, we had to get dinner in the entertainment centre in an adjacent building and although the restaurants there (one american style tex mex and the other italian) were very good, it would have been nice to get a meal in the evening without leaving the hotel - especially as it was extremely cold during our visit.

The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from the airport, there is a regular and reasonably priced shuttle bus service, and there is also a convenient public bus route.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and would stay here again myself if I needed a hotel in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear seniledelinquent,

Thank you very much for your stay. It was great having your group over for the meeting at the Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport.

We appreciate your comments very much and it will be a delight to share them with my team. Thank you for using Tripadvisor to rate your visit.

We look forward having you back with us in the near future.

Many thanks.

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I had a one night layover in Amsterdam. Never having been thee I thought it would be most convenient to stay close to the airport and take public transportation to the city center to make my morning commute to the airport simpler.

The airport is where the trains and buses are for the Doofddorf area. The hotel is not walking distance and the shuttle runs ~ every 45 minutes from the hotel/airport on Saturday and Sunday (more frequently during the week).

I share all these details because I might have stayed closer to the Amsterdam city center had I known all this.

The hotel is very clean and well managed.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank jmak4man
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear jmak4man,

Thank you very much for your stay and your review on Tripadvisor.

Courtyard has been designed to offer a competative rate and offer an attractive range of features to add to your stay. For those who want easy access, we offer a travel pack to Amsterdam City Center with 24h access to all public transport in the city for just under 15 euro. 24 h bus service available with a bus stop across the road from the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Calgary, AB
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently had a 4-day Canada to Amsterdam trip - due to time constraints I wanted to be close to the airport so chose a hotel connected to the airport - the Hilton. Well, what a dive! Do not stay at the Hilton, unless you have points to burn.

My 2nd night I stayed at the Marriott Courtyeard near Schipol Airport for 1/2 the price of the Hilton. And was I impressed. After staying in tiny hotel rooms with uncomfy beds for the last 4 nights in Holland - this Marriott was a treat. Much nicer then the Hilton. The hotel is not conncected to the airport but provides a very frequent (free) shuttle to and from the airport. It's only a 10 min ride. The hotel is very clean, friendly staff all the things you like, and is also connected to a beautiful park and lots of green space with running paths etc. I think there was even a dog park near by. The room was huge, even for Canadian standards, and the bed was super comfy. My favoriate hotel chain is the Fairmont - and although this hotel is not a Fairmont, it was much closer to that standard then the Hilton by a long stretch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank arrbarr
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear arrbarr,

Thank you very much for your excellent review on Tripadvisor, a perfect score! You landed in the greenest hotel and the hotel with the largest standard bed rooms in the area. We have recently replaced all beds, guaranteeing a good night’s rest, only 12 minutes away from the sounds and smells from the airport.
Thank very much for staying with us, we would be honored to have you stay with us again. We are looking forward to it.

Warm regards,

Boston
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This new, clean, nicely sized hotel is very convenient to the Amsterdam airport. The rooms are comfortable, Wi-Fi works well, and the food is pretty good. Airport shuttle service is regular and reliable. The only downside is that the gym equipment could really use an upgrade. two old crappy bikes one elliptical and two treadmills is not enough for a hotel of this size.

And hey, with a bowling alley and nightclub next-door, there's even something to go do. The park behind the hotel is great for walking or running or strolling. On all a pretty good airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank DinoTheDiver
Dear DinoTheDiver,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport.

Your Tripadvisor review is greatly appreciated and I have some great news, we have just ordered some equipment which we expect to arrive early 2013.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon and that you have the opportunity to experience our new equipment.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 8, 2012

For our last night in Amsterdam we stayed at the Schipol Courtyard using a Free Night Certificate. There are 5 of us (2a/3c), and the room was big enough for us all. My biggest complaint was the lack of breakfast options - the restaurant offered a breakfast, which was pretty expensive. There was a coffee machine (2 euros), which made bad coffee, and the market didn't offer really anything to eat.

On the positive side, there was a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear CrazyMaestro,

Thank you very much for your stay with us. Also thank you for using Tripadvosir to rate your stay.

Our breakfast buffet offers a variety of hot items like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, veggies, boiled eggs and eggs cooked to order. Our cold items include cereals, 4 kinds of milk, 5 juices, smoked salmon, mackerel, a wide variety of cold cuts and chesses, freshly baked French butter corissants and other variety of bread and danish, fresh fruit yoghurts etc. We offer a selection of freshly brewed Italian aspresso, latte,caffe lungo and cappuccino. I am sorry that you were not able to make a choice from this layout.

Our 24 hour the Market shop offers a range of snacks, Ben & Jerry's Ice cream, sandwiches, yoghurt, fresh fruit and a beverage selection incl beers, wines and mix drinks. I will instruct the responsible person to make sure the Market is restocked more often.

Thank you for your feedback, we will continue to improve our offerings and services to serve our audience.

Roger Langhout, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!