I had a one night layover in Amsterdam. Never having been thee I thought it would be most convenient to stay close to the airport and take public transportation to the city center to make my morning commute to the airport simpler.
The airport is where the trains and buses are for the Doofddorf area. The hotel is not walking distance and the shuttle runs ~ every 45 minutes from the hotel/airport on Saturday and Sunday (more frequently during the week).
I share all these details because I might have stayed closer to the Amsterdam city center had I known all this.
The hotel is very clean and well managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport, 4-star Amsterdam airport hotel located in Hoofddorp, Netherlands, you would never imagine you are just 12 minutes from the airport. Set within a serene park near a beautiful lake, we are in good reach of Amsterdam and Haarlem. Our hotel offers first-class spacious rooms that include luxury bedding and free Internet access. After a busy day, take a walk in the park and catch up with friends and colleagues in our onsite restaurant or bar. Next door you will enjoy a game of bowling at Claus Bowling or you can place your bets at the casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Courtyard Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Courtyard Hotel Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Courtyard