Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol
$134
$159
Novotel
1,552 results
All reviewsclub roomtrain stationamsterdam schipholbusiness tripclose to the airportnice hotelfree shuttlehotel shuttleshuttle serviceone night stayeuropeflighttransitdriverminproximity
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Planned a short weekend in Amsterdam and want a good quality place to stay.
The room (551) on the Club floor was excellent, big, clean with everything required.
I knew that the hotel was a distance of the centre of Amsterdam and still chose it. There are regular trains just 10 mins walk to the station but what we found worked best was to take the bus.
Bus 145 takes 40-50 minutes to get into the Centre and you can get a 14 euro day ticket if you ask - this also covers you on any other bus journeys you need to take. (The last bus back was just after midnight.) Train can be quicker but is about 19 euros each. Just watch out for trains not running due to rail repairs.

The breakfast was really good and service friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear P3t3186400,
Thank you for taking the time writing a review about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-Schiphol. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Clubfloor and the breakfast.
Again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back.
Kind regards,
Martijn Fritsen

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was sent here after spending 30 euro to go out to the Courtyard Marriott only to be told they had overbooked the hotel and would not honour my reservation. This was supposed to be a 5 star hotel but it had less in the way of comfort and amenities. The rooms are ok. Windows were dirty. The food at the restaurant is overpriced and the quality should be much higher. I had an appetizer that cost over 15 euro, contained four pieces of veal, and two of them were pure gristle and fat. I couldnt even chew and swallow it. Despite the evidence on my plate that half of it was inedible, I was charged for it. I was served two glasses of wine with fruitflies in them, which they did replace. Still, when it happens twice, they should offer one of them free. The breakfast buffet was good, but not great. Scrambled eggs tasted like they were powdered, beans were cold, no salmon or fish, no milk but whole fat. There are virtually no public area amenities, no comfortable lounge area or outdoor seating areas. Hallways are low ceilinged, dark and smell a bit dank. Right on the highway.

Room Tip: If you like morning light choose an odd numbered room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear AliasToronto,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great
our hotel is.

Connie D

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Due to a cancelled flight I was put up here by the airline. It was only ok, no feather pillows just lumpy foam things and a lumpy duvet. Dirty toilet under the water line which is unusual in a hotel considering how often they are being cleaned. Good breakfast though excellent choice and proper coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear madmade,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the pillows and the bathroom cleanliness. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Didn't actually stay here, was in the (cheaper) Holiday Inn Express across the road, but came over for a meal one evening. Ordered the burger on the "snack" menu (note the "main" menu is very expensive). Asked for it to be cooked "medium". At first it seemed OK, and told the waitress as much when she asked how my meal was. However, near the end of the meal when I got to middle of the burger it was clearly not even cooked properly, let alone "medium". I left a bit (which frankly looked almost raw) and told the waitress as much when she collected my plate. She appeared to agree and said she'd have a word with the chef. Anyway that was that and a few minutes later I was presented with my bill, with no acknowledgement or apology about the unsatisfactory burger. I called over the head waiter and he said he'd investigate. He came back a few minutes later but was terribly defensive, saying that I'd told the waitress that my meal was fine (but that was before I'd got to the undercooked bit of it!) and that the chef had said it was cooked correctly (which was patently not true for the bit I left). Given that the burger cost 20 Euros and I was clearly not satisfied with it, I would the thought the least I could have expected was an apology and perhaps the offer of a free coffee to diffuse the situation. I wasn't expecting (or looking) for my bill to be wiped completely but the fact that there was no recognition that a customer was unhappy, or even the slightest sign of contrition left a sour taste, and by that time I was frankly quite angry and not feeling like I wanted to pay at all. In the end, grudgingly, the head waiter offered a free drink, but by that time I just wanted to get out of the place. Eventually he took off the cost of a drink I had earlier, so I still ended up paying for the burger in full. Needless to say I didn't leave a tip! Very disappointed, might have expected from a cheap cafe but not a supposed 4 star hotel. Definitely won't be coming back next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear SPS2209,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Our goal is to ensure you feel valued and appreciated and I apologize we did not make you feel this way. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was not what you had expected and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the quality of food that was served. The appropriate management has been notified and these concerns will be addressed and corrected.

Again, we greatly appreciate the valuable feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a one night stay over, but was pleasantly surprised by the location and convenience of the hotel to the airport. The Crowne Plaza was clean and well-styled and my room was spacious. I was most impressed by the service. Steaming my shirt in the shower, I accidentally flooded the bathroom and the duty manager Tim took care of the situation himself. I tried to tip him, but he refused and later left me a nice note. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business