“Great hotel,But...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great hotel,But...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a great hotel if you have to catch a flight the next day. I had to catch a flight at 7AM on a Sunday, I left the hotel at 6AM and they already had the breakfast ready for us.The normal time on weekends is 7AM.There is one good restaurant nearby but it is somewhat costly in the $$$ range.There was no hot water at 4 AM.I called the front desk manager , he came up right away and took care of the issue.Very helpful staff and I would definitely stay here again.
Now the But... part.
There are free shuttle busses from the airport to the hotel.I took a bus that said`Hampton Inn & Holiday Inn Express`.The driver dropped a couple at the Hampton Inn and told me that `I told you that this bus does not go to Holiday Inn as they have their own bus`. He had not told me anything. When I asked him as to what do I do now- he said that as a favor he will drop me off.He just drove me to the very next building which was the Holiday Inn express. I paid him 5 Euros for his `Favor`.
After entering the hotel the front desk person told me that he was supposed to have dropped me at the Holiday Inn , as he IS the dedicated driver .Apparently the driver knew how to extract money from helpless hotel guests.
My date of arrival at the hotel was November 30,2013 in the afternoon - in case the hotel staff wants to investigate this driver.If contacted I will be happy to provide a description of the driver.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same as there is no view in the office complex where the hotel is located.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sene4454

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

H.I Express Hotels sometimes come in for criticism as being basic.This Hotel definitely does not fit into that category. You do not get value for money you get more value for your money. I stayed here in the first week it opended and when I stayed there this week you would have thought it was a new hotel.The rooms have maintained their high standard, the staff are first class and for a transit hotel it has a warm feel about it. It is in an excellent location for the airport and within a 5 minute walk of the station so ou can be in downtown Amsterdam within 30 mins.Whilst it does not have a restaurant at night there are numerous excellent places to eat with in 20 mins walk. I have staed in alot of hotels that cost alot more but not had the same high standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Martin F
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Had stayed there with friends in september on a weekend. The hotel is very good and all the furniture are brand new. The location is also good, few minutes away from railway station. Only car park was a bit pricey.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank fabio l
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had a comfortable and relaxing stay in this hotel. We arrived in Schipol airport and picked up by their shuttle to the hotel. The driver was polite and helped us in carrying our belongings. And at the reception, Brandon immediately did the express check in, gave us the city map and explained us everything about the hotel (breakfast/bus/nearest food outlet).
Our breakfast the next day was mainly consist of European breakfast foods.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank iam R
Kobe, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Parking is a bit steep at 15 euros a night. Be sure to take advantage of the parking package offered on the hotel website. It makes parking much cheaper. I checked in late at night and the gentleman that checked me in was very courteous.
The room was spotless but the mattress was very soft. Internet is free and the speed is somewhat decent.
I didn't have time to try the complimentary breakfast.
Platinum members of IHG are offered a 300 point voucher or a beverage and snack as part of the welcome amenity.
I'd return definitely as this is one of the better HI express hotels I've stayed at.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kenilworth UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with some friends visiting Amsterdam to see an Ajax football game. We arrived at Schiphol at 9am and took the courtesy bus to the hotel, where we explained that we were going to the football and expected to return very late in the evening. We were expecting to just drop off our bags, but were given the keys to our rooms - which were clean, spacious and very comfortable.
The friendly, courteous (an excellent-English speaking) staff advised about the nearby train station (5 minutes walk) and changed notes into coins as the ticket machine at the station doesn't accept notes/cards.
A very good nights sleep was followed by an excellent breakfast, with plenty of choice and efficient staff keeping it well supplied.
Overall, I found only one minor niggle, which was the 7.50 Euro charge to take the shuttle bus TO the airport - but this would not stop me returning to this hotel if I return to Amsterdam (I would just walk to the station and get the train!!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Burnsville, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Updated hotel offering a great stay for access to Amsterdam Airport. Sleek rooms with friendly service. Quiet with black-out curtains. Free airport transfer upon arrival, small charge for return to airport.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BevBurnsville_MN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol? Share your experiences!