Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leidschendam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Machelen, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

.... if you get the special (low season) deal. We stayed at this hotel during a long weekend and had a low season deal which allowed us to stay for around 85€ per night (upgrade to 'lake view' in stead of 'parking view'. The only negative point is that the restaurant is way too expensive. But that's not really a problem seen the fact that there are 4 restaurants just next to it. What was very good was the functioning of the airco, which in a lot of hotels is most of the time a shambles. Very friendly personnel (info was not always correct, but nevertheless very friendly). Oh, before I forget: the parking is free, which is a serious bonus, especially in the Netherlands.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Midrac
Chagall_Hotels, Manager at Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Midrac,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor and for your stay in our Mercure Hotel the Hague Leidschendam.
Your feedback is really important for us, so thank you very much!

At Restaurant Chiparus we strive for a superior food experience, therefore the prices can be a bit higher then the other restaurants. We work every day with fresh products. With the 3-course seasonal menu for € 34,50 we try to be a suitable restaurant for every guest. We are very sorry to hear that we could not serve you in our restaurant.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Hotel manager
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good location close to the centre of Den Haag. Hotel was clean, service was friendly and I slept well. We ate at the bar and I had the 'world tapas' which was perfect for a light meal. Best to use public transport as taxis are expensive in the area. The tram stop is very close to the hotel (number 6 from Mariehoeve station, the stop before the Central station).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chagall_Hotels, Manager at Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are very satisfied to read that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and to read your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Hotelmanager
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice - located just outside the city center of The Hague, but still easily accessible with public transportation. The parking is free and the hotel is just next to the little pond, so you can get a room with a balcony and nice view.

The room was quite big and super clean. I loved two armchairs next to the window - very comfy. Two things were quite unhandy though: lights were all turned on by 1 switch and if you wanted only one or two of them on you had to really work it out; other thing - no possibility to charge your cell/tablet/whatever in proximity of your bed. I really liked the balcony with two chairs and table, it was also possible to smoke there.

Now what I did not like was the reception team. I made a reservation on-line so they had all the info. Still I was given room without balcony first, and when I get down to change the room I had strong impression that I am interrupting them and that they wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. I was not offered a city map, nor was I asked if I need any more info or something. I noticed later that they were hosting a party that weekend, but it is not an excuse. Anyway, I got correct room in the end, but I felt so unwelcome that I didn't dare to ask them about public transport, city map, or what was worth visiting in The Hague.
Breakfast staff was much nicer, very attentive and polite, but also almost without the smile.

Summing up, I had a very nice stay once I decided not to give a damn about moods of the reception team.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with balcony and pond view, it is super nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear ofkacz,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are continuously using the feedback of our guests to improve our hotel, therefore we are happy with your review.
I am sorry that our service did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure Den Haag Leidschendam, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, we should have handled it differently and I will discuss immediately this wit the reception team.
We hope to welcome you again in the furture.

Hotelmanager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leidschendam
Golden Tulip Zoetermeer - Den Haag
The Student Hotel The Hague
The Student Hotel The Hague
#19 of 70 in The Hague
4.5 of 5 stars 152 reviews

Been to Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag? Share your experiences!