The hotel itself is very nice - located just outside the city center of The Hague, but still easily accessible with public transportation. The parking is free and the hotel is just next to the little pond, so you can get a room with a balcony and nice view.
The room was quite big and super clean. I loved two armchairs next to the window - very comfy. Two things were quite unhandy though: lights were all turned on by 1 switch and if you wanted only one or two of them on you had to really work it out; other thing - no possibility to charge your cell/tablet/whatever in proximity of your bed. I really liked the balcony with two chairs and table, it was also possible to smoke there.
Now what I did not like was the reception team. I made a reservation on-line so they had all the info. Still I was given room without balcony first, and when I get down to change the room I had strong impression that I am interrupting them and that they wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. I was not offered a city map, nor was I asked if I need any more info or something. I noticed later that they were hosting a party that weekend, but it is not an excuse. Anyway, I got correct room in the end, but I felt so unwelcome that I didn't dare to ask them about public transport, city map, or what was worth visiting in The Hague.
Breakfast staff was much nicer, very attentive and polite, but also almost without the smile.
Summing up, I had a very nice stay once I decided not to give a damn about moods of the reception team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will enjoy a stay in the modern and luxurious Greenpark Hotel. Its 84 Comfort rooms, 4 Suites and 8 business suites offer you modern and warm comfort. In addition to the Chiparus Restaurant, the Hotel also offers guests the Bar/lounge were you can have a snack or drink, a business centre, a laundry service, a fitness centre and its renowned room service. The hotel also has a free car park with accommodation for 3500 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Leidschendam
- Hampshire Hotel Greenpark