We choose the Mercure Hotel Leidschendam for a few weekends at the beach. Though this hotel is clearly NOT at the beach, it has plenty of free (!) parking and is just max 10min drive either from the buzzling Den Hague beachfront or going further N-E to more family, relaxing parts of the beach as Wassenar. Given we knew we would use the hotel just for sleeping a few hours, we didn't need any pool, spa or children activities at all (which I think the hotel is not offering anyway). We choose this hotel cause of the (for us) good location, affordable price (c EUR80 p room p night for 2 adults and a 4Y with own roll-in bed) and good reviews from prior travellers.
We had different rooms in different times we stayed there. 3rd floor is good because no real noise from the street or parking (our room was facing the backside to the lake, not sure how noisy the frontside towards the parking area is, though I personally believe it should be ok given there is nothing to do in this close vicinity at night) but the room we had was a bit small but absolutely fine for a few nights. Seocnd time we were in a much bigger room facing directly the lake with a big balcony (room 118?). Both times the room was clean and the roll-in bed for our little son was there - as we asked for it at booking). The bathroom had a bathtub. Room also had AC, TV, one room even had a coffee machine, fridge. Beds were ok, medium hard mattress. All in all everything was good and definitely ok for a few nights if you just want to head to the beach during day time.
We didn't use the hotel restaurant because we felt it to be quite pricy and other reviews said not worth the money in generally. For breakfast we felt it was a bit expensive (EUR20 p adult and EUR10 p small child). But it is not a big problem as c 200m on the lakeside there are two restaurants/bars/bistros that offer breakfast and we probably saved 50% in total. For dinner we preferred some smaller restaurants either in Den Hague or Wassenar.
Staff and reception were very, very friendly and accomodating.
A shopping centre is just across the road and a Jumbo markt only 200m away.
An indoor swimmingpool we used once at bad weather close by (5min drive) was "De Fluit". It was ok but not great.
If you are looking for a clean, affordable but not fancy place within a few km from the beach, this is definitely worth a try. We will for sure come back if we are heading for beach weekends in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will enjoy a stay in the modern and luxurious Greenpark Hotel. Its 84 Comfort rooms, 4 Suites and 8 business suites offer you modern and warm comfort. In addition to the Chiparus Restaurant, the Hotel also offers guests the Bar/lounge were you can have a snack or drink, a business centre, a laundry service, a fitness centre and its renowned room service. The hotel also has a free car park with accommodation for 3500 cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Leidschendam-Den Haag reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Leidschendam
- Hampshire Hotel Greenpark