“Excellent and highly recommended”

Tulip Inn Bergen op Zoom
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bergen op Zoom
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent and highly recommended”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just spent one night there while visiting the war grave of a relative. I'd read good reviews before going and they were spot on. The room was clean and well-furnished. Although I was in a single it was bigger than many double rooms I've staying in over the years.

Friendly staff, nice bar in the evening, 10 mins walk from the station and about the same into the town centre.

Will definitely be staying there again on the next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank John E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Waco, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Bergen op Zoom may not be a tourist destination, but it's a peaceful place with a beautiful town center called Grote Market. Accommodations are priced accordingly. The Tulip Inn, which is only a short walk from the center, is simple but clean and reasonably priced. I will say that our first two assigned rooms were not yet cleaned, and with heavy luggage and many stairs to climb, this was a memorable inconvenience. But this was the last mishap of our five night stay. The lobby is plush and has a bar with beers on tap, and they serve a nice continental breakfast. The rooms reflect European-style efficiency. Twin beds may be pushed together or kept apart depending on your closeness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David L
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We were visting family for a few days in bergen op zoom and tulip inn was our choice. We were given a smoking room without being asked and normally we would have asked for another room but were so exhausted from our trip we passed out.

Our double bed was two singles pushed together with still single bed linen which was dissapointing. We were given a mini bar fridge and able to open the window which was nice. The noise from others walking into the place and up the stairs could be heard and although we werent too bothered with this but if there was a roudy person it could be an issue. There is no car park provided but lots of parking in the area. Paid parking from 9-6. We were very happy there was a washing machine and dryer for use. We also had free wifi. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again but would make sure there are non smoking rooms. If they got rid of the curtains it may help.

There is a supermarket 5mins away which was great and 10min walk to the town centre. Lovely dutch town.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Brisfoodie15
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Having lived in BOZ previously I knew of the Tulip Inn and remembered a fairly rundown hotel, returning now to visit family and friends I was happily surprised to find the hotel had been tastefully renovated.
If you're visiting BOZ the Tulip Inn is located ideally just outside the centre, Grote maakt, so you can easily walk to any part ot the town without having the headache of parking, you do need to pay though, in the centre and listening to events which occur frequently and run late!

As we'd travelled with our 6 year old daughter we needed a room to sleep 3. We were given one of the rooms not part of t he main hotel, out of the hotel turn right and into a block with 4 rooms, we had 104' up in the attic.
The room was lovely sofa bed for our daughter, tasteful decor and plenty of space for us.
As we were on a flying visit to catchup with people it was a great bonus that the hotel reception was spacious, plenty of seating bar for coffee, tea or something a little stronger! Tv and a iMac kept my daughter amused as we chatted away!
Breakfast was also good, lovely coffee, different fruit juices, plenty of the typical continental breads, cheeses and means plus bacon, egg & sausages. The breakfast room itself was lovely nice and light and arranged well.

Having had a lovely weekend in BOZ we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Tulip Inn on our next trip back to BOZ.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Grovetrotter
Scotland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

easy walk to station and also town centre - rooms a bit of a mix - some needing refurbed - others good.

Nice bar downstairs - pleasent service - nice for sitting having a drink

Can be slightly noisy in rooms as next to main road

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here a few times through work during this very cold winter. I have had several rooms, all differ, but not in a positive way, they all differ in that this has been refurbished over a period of years perhaps doing a group of 4 rooms at a time. The reason for mentioning this, some rooms are ok, some are really poor with spongy plastic covered beds and very old yellow decour. You need a degree to get the heating to come on, each room has its own form of thermostatic control but all controlled by various elctronic wall stats or manual controls hidden away. In any case when you do finally get the heating on, it will be turned off anyway! by the hotel through the night leaving you freezing at around 3-4 a.m. i even stayed in one room such that when i switched the lights off from the bedside (NOT the main room switch by the door entry) switch then even the wall sockets power down, I had to resort to sleeping with a pillow over my eyes so as to charge up my phone. So if you get lucky, you may get one of the 10 or so good rooms, but the rest are average, all are cold so take your PJ's.
Overall the hotel has a grubby feel to it, run on a bit of a shoe string, fair play for them trying to make some fashionable rooms but they need to standardise all rooms and stop turning the heating off! I wont stay there again until it gets warmer.
The hotel does offer free wifi, but that is divided by room and the signals are very weak and the speed really slow.

The bar area is great, the staff are vey friendly and helpful in this area, also they play all the football from the premier league or the dutch league.

Room Tip: ask for a modern refurbished one
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank glen w

Travelers are raving about these Bergen op Zoom hotels

Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at the Tulip in for one night on december 26th. Since it was the 2nd day of Christmas hardly it was very quiet and check in was a breeze. I had a room ( # 14 ) on the 2nd floor. The room was very basic with a small twin bed, a bathroom with a shower and sink and a seperate toilet.
It was very cold in my room and the airconditioning ( which I set to 25 degrees Celsius ) just didn't kick in. Well, not entirely true. It did kick in but the air was cold. So I switched it off. After a while I realised the window was opened slightly.
Next to the door there was some information about the room ( number, escape route etc. ) which stated that the maximum price for a one night stay was € 125,- or approx. $ 140,- . Way to steap in my opinion even though the hotel is very close to the city center and easy to reach by car. I booked this room for €45,- and payed €12,50 for breakfast.
The thing I missed most were the coffee / tea facilities in my room.
The bed was very comfortable and there was ample light. Wifi was good. I had no problems logging in.
In the morning I went to the breakfast room and found it to be closed ?!..Since it was the day after Christmas the staff had decided to serve breakfast in the bar area next to the reception desk. Now I was a bit puzzled after looking at what was being served. Reason was that there was hardly anything presented. The guy at the reception promptly walked up and asked me what I would like to have for breakfast. I was given everything I wanted , orange juice, tea, cheese etc. So ...can't complain. He even checked in later to see if I needed anything else and offered me to take out anything I might wanted for lunch. Very kind indeed.
So if you are looking for a hotel with a friendly staff and are not putt off by a basic room then you should stay here.
Oh and for those of you travelling by car, the car park is next to the hotel and will cost you €6,- ( $7,50 )for a day. Which is cheap.

Room Tip: I assume all rooms are equal. But if you find the room cold....just check the windows. And if you fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hotel Dekkers
Hotel Dekkers
#2 of 3 in Ossendrecht
Van der Valk Hotel Goes

Been to Tulip Inn Bergen op Zoom? Share your experiences!