New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cute little hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here on an unexpected stopover. It was a small and personal-feeling place. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. The wireless internet was sufficient for my video conference call. We did not have breakfast here (early train), but the hotel did give us a Saint Nicholas gift :) The shuttle goes to the Novotel, but the very short (2-3 min) walk to this place was very simple and the hotel was easy to find. Overall, we found it to be a great stopover hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had a late evening flight into Schipol and an early departure. Normally I hate staying at airport hotels, but this was different. Normal airport hotels are soulless, lifeless places populated by 'transients', with a terrible sameness about the bars and restaurants. The Herbergh is very different. A small hotel, where the staff are very happy to welcome you with a decent bar and a good restaurant. Even at the late hour of arrival a beer and an excellent steak were produced in no time at all. Food was great and the atmosphere was very friendly. It was a typical local hotel that you would find in many a small Dutch town.
Price was very reasonable and the room was extremely comfortable.
I know where I am staying in future if I have to overnight @ Schipol.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank santiagowalking
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I used this hotel as a base for a weekend in Amsterdam. The free shuttle from the airport was very handy - about a 15 minute ride plus 2 or 3 minutes walk from the Novotel. The room was comfortable - not huge for a double and a single but adequate and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast was good. We didn't eat in the restaurant but they looked nice. It is easy to reach central Amsterdam by using the free shuttle to the airport and then taking a train to Central Station which costs about €8 return per person. Other people have commented on aircraft noise at this hotel; we barely heard anything - maybe we were lucky with the wind direction but it was very quiet. Would definitely stay here again. It saves on the expensive city centre hotels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Paul M
Ten Boer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I live some distance from Schiphol Airport. So, when it comes down to taking an early morning flight, I prefer to take a hotel nearby on the evening before. One could choose a hotel on the Schiphol grounds or nearby, but this time I decided to go for Herbergh Hotel Amsterdam Airport in Badhoevedorp. Some 4 kilometers from the terminal. And the reason for my choice was the reasonable price (99 euro's incl. breakfast).
The hotel is small. Despite it being a little distant, it is easy to reach via the complimentary shuttle bus that brings you to the Novotel (15-20 min drive). From the Novotel you just walk a 100m/yrds back and you are there.
And then you are in for a nice surprise. I got a recently refurbished room on the backside of the hotel. And hospitality is warm from the first minute.
Two restaurants (French/traditional cuisine and Italian) are attached to the hotel. But that is subjects for another review.
I have no hesitation to recommend this little surprise. And it will certainly consider it for a next time when I have an early morning flight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DocJan
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Well located close to the Airport with a free shuttle service. A little bit too far from Amsterdam Central and a little costly via Taxi. The Hotel itself is very clean and with friendly staff. We did not get there until very late and the staff waited for us an extra 30 mins as there is no night check in available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Extremely courteous, welcoming staff, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast. THis is a wonderful hotel, close to the airport where the only alternative is big chain hotels. The shuttle from the airport dropped us off across the street at the Novotel and it was a short walk to the Herbergh Hotel. THe receptionist was very welcoming, walked us upstairs to our room, made sure that everything was in order--just like a hostess would do welcoming us to her home. Two small bags of cookies were waiting for us--a wonderful surprise. Breakfast the next day was excellent: eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, freshly baked bread, cheese and ham and juices. Well worth its price. The Herbergh Hotel has become our new favorite!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The night before my arrival, I booked from Internet a room inccluding breakfast.
At the hotel I noticed that breakfast is served from 7:00AM, too late for me, my train being earlier.
I asked then not to pay for the breakfast or for any arrangement as I also had diner at the hotel restaurant.
Not possible was the answer as it is ALL INCLUDED. Here is the first hotel owner who cannot disconnect a room from a breakfast.
No arrangement proposal except a big effort of giving me a yogurt and a small sandwich which will be stale by tomorrow morning.
I travel all over Europe all year and I can say: NOT GOOD ENOUGH for Dutch Tourism image.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rene s, Eigenaar at Hotel Herbergh Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for taking time to write your experiences in our hotel. It is of great value for us and our future guests. Our breakfastbuffet starts at 6.30 (not at 7) we inform our guests at check-in, If you book a room including breakfast we do not refund if not taken. This is a hotelpolicy, we do offer to take a breakfastbag in the evening instead, in all rooms is free coffee and tea. The rate incl. breakfast is a special offer and cannot just be seperate in room and breakfast. I do hope we can welcome you again and then we will offer you a free breakfast afterall. (just refer to this review)

Kind regards,

Anke Somsen-Wynia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
#118 of 362 in Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,935 reviews
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Hotel Herbergh Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!