2,497 results
All reviewsfree shuttlethe busamsterdam airporttriple roomvending machineshort stayplace to sleepshuttle servicerooms are smallan overnight staybed was comfortableone night staymorning flighttoilet and showeryogurtbetween flightsschiphol
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently stayed here with my family, one of the main reasons why I chose this hotel was because I took my niece and did not particulary want her constantly exposed to the activities in the city. when we arrived we were very confused as Etap has now changed to Ibis budget, it reminded me of my university halls of residence. the rooms were clean the shower was very good, overall had everything you needed.

the hotel offers breakfast but you are best just catching one of the very regular buses to the airport and grabbing something there. the hotel does not offer a eveing meal but does have a mircowave and plentl of seating area. if you are travelling on a budget this is definately a good option to buy food and cook it in the mirco (best supermarket is Dirk) or there is Mc Donalds across the road. you are also able to take your own alcohol into the hotel they have corkscrew you can borrow and if like us you run out then you can jump on the bus to the airport and restock like we did.

on the same site is the ibis hotel we used the bar there which has a screen and shows sports events also they have free internet

would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were a little nervous on entering to find the hotel bursting at the seams with lacrosse teams from all over the world, However we checked in within a reasonable time and found our basic room with a comfortable bed. The following morning there was a queue for breakfast due to the crowds, but thanks to an efficient organisation constantly replenishing food and implements the wait was not prolonged. All in all it was an impressive demonstration of efficient organisation in this grade of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel is soon to be renamed Ibis Budget. It looks quite drab from the outside, which is a shame because it is very light and bright inside. Good welcome,
The bus stop, A29 is right outside the Airport doors so very convenient and the shuttle is free and runs every 20 minutes or so.
The room was fairly small but perfectly adequate and very comfortable. Separate loo and shower room - great idea, very quiet, great sleep.No keys or cards but door codes - wonderful idea.
Blackout blinds. easy to operate. The Ibis is a short walk away but the food was expensive and uninspiring so we took the shuttle back to the airport which is in a huge shopping complex where there are loads of places to eat and shop then we took the shuttle back to the hotel - brilliant.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful - cheeses and meats and a myriad of different buns and bread, cereals, good coffee. quite crowded but very good value for money at 7 euros.

Room Tip: We didn't experience any problems in our first floor room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terri L
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great concept of cutting down on frills and providing just the essentials, but stops beng convenient for more than 2 persons (and in case of two in a room, note that the bath door is not opaque)... Efficient shuttle service (does get full so be prepared) and a reat breakfast at a nice price...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The price I got for this airport hotel was brilliant, and much cheaper than anywhere else. Having stayed in many Etaps before, I knew what to expect. The receptionist was friendly enough, although I wasn't aware of the City Tax that had to be paid at check-in. Once that was paid I was given a room on the top floor facing the motorway and railway, which was quite nice! No noise complaints, the room was basic as with all Etaps, but functional. I can't recall whether there was free WiFi, but for whatever reason I didn't use it, either because it wasn't free or I didn't have anything I could access it with. The shuttle from the airport was frequent enough and served the Novotel, Etap and Ibis, the latter of which are on the same site. Journey time was swift. I would definitely stay here again when I am next at Schiphol.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo