We booked knowing full well that they were having renovations done, however we were very surprised by the large scale of them. Once we found the reception the staff were very polite and very keen to get us to upgrade to one of the new rooms, after a small negotiation we secured the new room two nights for the price of one on the upgrade cost. There was then an issue with parking, it stated free parking on trip advisor but when we arrived they told us €15 a day for parking. Luckily after explaining to the receptionist that we only chose the hotel because of the free parking, we were let off the fee- fantastic customer service! The new room was excellently furnished- huge comfortable bed, more than enough space in the wardrobe, a safety deposit box which you activities with your credit card, massive TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Instead of ceramic mugs, you are only given paper cups for your coffee which unfortunately let the rest of the room down. The bathroom was spotless, however during the renovations no one checked that our plug fitted the bath, so when it came to drain the water the plug was stuck. We notified the reception and they sent a handyman straight away. Housekeeping were lovely and we didn't want our room cleaning so they provided more than enough towels, new tea and coffee supplies as well as vanity products- moisturiser, soap etc.
The breakfast is an amazing buffet- ranges from pastries, sweet bread and normal varieties of bread, there is an extensive range of jams, honey etc, then a big range of cereals, fruit, yoghurt. The hot food was excellent- scrambled egg, potato wedges, bacon, boiled eggs, different varieties of hot meat. Lastly the cold meats and cheese were tasty and again varied. You basically turn up, claim a table and raid the buffet. Thee is also plenty of hot and cold drinks- a coffee machine where you choose the type of coffee and various hugs if cold drinks like apple and orange juice. If you get chance I highly recommend visiting the sauna, steam room and swimming pool, the changing rooms are very small (and I think you're expected to change etc in your room) but the pool is a good size, with a children area and floats that your children can use. The sauna and steam room are clean and well presented and there are plenty of towels that you can use at that facility. Despite there being revelations taking place we never heard them in our room and only when you went downstairs for breakfast could you see and hear them then. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Dorint Airport-Hotel Amsterdam is a 4 star hotel ideally located in a quiet area around Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, which is only 5 km away. In our hotel, not far from the centre of Amsterdam, a good night sleep is guaranteed. The Novotel is an ideal base for guests on a business trip. All hotel rooms feature free WiFi and airconditioning. The hotel offers 10 meeting rooms, a lobby bar, pub, restaurant, swimming pool, sauna and hamam. Adjacent to a sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Badhoevedorp
- Novotel Hotel Badhoevedorp
- Novotel Badhoevedorp
- Badhoevedorp Novotel