Let me be Honest first, only reason i chose this hotel was because i couldnt find anything else :) Due to King's day everything was pretty much booked and so only Hotels availalble were near airport. Lets start with positive notes first
- A good Shuttle service: Last one leaves airport at 01:15 AM and first one leaves at 05:00 AM. the frequency varies across day with most travelling between 8-11 and then between 12-3 PM it decreases and then goes back to 3-4 every hour. The bus is a blue big bus has ample place to store luggage but is nearly always crowded, when you get out of airport head for A9 on your right and you will find the name of the hotel written near the Stop. Shuttle bus is white and blue and same bus goes to Ibis, Ibis Budget and Novotel.
- A good luggae storage facility, we came early morning and so our check in time was 1500, but they have a luggage storage facility where you can store your luggae and come back in and check in later. if you are going to be back from City late then better to ask them to block a room for you
- If you need to go to Rijkmuseum, then best thing is go out of hotel head straight and then on your Left, you will find a white storage facility of KLM walk on the road next to it, not the big two lane highway, its called caterinaweg and at the end of the road turn left. there are 2 stops there look for the one on the right side with angled road there it will be written Bus no 197, you can board this and it takes you directly to Rijkmuseum, very convenient in 15 mins or so. Its a connexxion bus so you will need to buy a ticket for 5 euros apart from your usual pass.
- Hotel Staff is very friendly and welcoming.
- There is free Wifi all around, works really well and have few stations as well on ground floor where you can surf internet, lots of seating areas all around.
- 24 hour service center where you can get some sandwiches, water, coffee etc. bar which is open till 1 AM and few other choice of restaurants
Now lets focus on negativities
- Really bad breakfast, dont ever ever pay for it. it costs 17 Euros and not worth it, its good but maybe for 8-10 euros. Nothing is warm its all cold breakfast and they shld really rethink prices
- Aweful restaurants, probabaly the worst Pizza ever, Dont eat here ever
- Not great connectivity to central, you have to go to airport in shuttle then take a train its always a pain and takes 2 hours out of your time in commuting. Not something you want to do when you are on a city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel ibis Amsterdam Airport is is the largest hotel in the Netherlands, featuring 644 guestrooms. The hotel is close to Schiphol International Airport (free shuttle service to and from Schiphol from 05.05 to 01.15. Just 30 min from the centre of Amsterdam, it is ideal for a business trip or holiday visit. Close to the RAI Exhibition Centre and the central business district. Book one of our 644 airconditioned rooms and benefit from our facilities, 2 restaurants, bar, 5 meeting rooms for seminars and conferences, WiFi Internet access and private pay parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Accor Amsterdam Airport