“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Riga, Riga, Latvia
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good sleep over night hotel. All is clean, great service, good facilities. Shuttle bus to the airport goes every 30 minutes. Totally satisfied. Great value for money. Good American style restaurant, with real US burgers, fries and atmosphere. A bit crowded though, but hotel is big enough and sound isolation in room was excellent. Nobody bothered me during my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us. See you on your next trip.

Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my first Ibis hotel experience and I have to say it has been a very nice one. I arrived from London to have an overnight before flying to Indonesia. I had originally booked the Ibis budget but decided after check in to upgrade to the Ibis hotel (so be sure to check which one you book as they are quite a different standard). The staff could not have been more helpful and efficient in checking me out of the Ibis Budget and checking me into the Hotel. The Ibis budget is perfectly fine for someone who does not plan to be in the room other than to sleep and catch an early flight. As I have more than 24 hours I wanted something a bit more spacious. The room was lovely, the bed super comfortable, great hot shower and lovely bathroom with hairdryer supplied (a decent size one at that). I also love how it is soundproofed and you could not hear any noise from within the hotel or of the many, many planes taking off and landing. I would suggest however that given how cold the weather is (and raining) that they provide some heat lamps in the smoking rotunda. I also love the checkout time of 12 noon giving plenty of time for a sleep in and a relaxed checkout. I had dinner in the Pizza restaurant which was ok (nothing special) but the service was very good. I really enjoyed a few wines in the bar and the young man serving last night was so good at his job and very pleasant....a great friendly atmosphere, particularly for a female on her own. I did not have the hotel breakfast but opted for a leisurely bite to eat in the New York style cafe. Lovely sandwiches and coffee and once again a lovely atmosphere.
All in all I would say Ibis Hotel is good value with it's easy (and free) shuttle to the airport and a very comfortable stay. Enjoyed my experience and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed this last night in ibis amsterdam airport. I've used Ibis before so I know it's a very ok place.
This hotel is great! Spotlessly clean, quiet, a nice hotel restaurant , and most of all a wonderful set of staff, from reception where they really make you feel welcome to the waiters and cafe staff . I had a drink in the bar downstairs and the barman was so kind, and helped me log in my IPad. All in all, a great place, and they all speak perfect English !!! I'll be in Ibis LimaPeru tonight , so am hoping for a similar quality there !!

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all sound proofed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, especially for your comments about the hotelstaff. This is very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,

Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrive on tusday morning (around 7 am) and we were not able to get our rooms but the aisstant, who was very kind, offer us to left our luggage on their cuatody, so we can go out to the city. We came back late in the evening so we were inmediatly assign to our rooms.those were pretty nice but if it is a room to share between 2 the space might be limited. Aside from that the hotel amazing. Is close to the airport and 20 min away from the city which i find pretty reasonable. Transfer to the airport every 30 min. Train fare 4.40 euros. Taxi fare from airport to the hotel 16 euros.
Also I find the bight price pretty good too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Eureka, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel was very close to the airport. It was clean and quite with free internet and parking. There were several restaurant. The Italian and American cafe were very good with both food and service. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. It's great to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you back soon in ibis Amsterdam Airport.

Best Regards,

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

we were travelling home from Italy when we missed the connecting flight in Amsterdam so we got sent to this hotel late at night, the staff were excellent and gave us food as we had missed dinner and they gave us a good selection, the rooms were very nice and I had a very good night sleep, the hotel made us feel welcome. we only stayed a night but it was a very good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Ibis is the perfect location for Schiphol airport. Whilst not actually connected to the airport itself the regular and reliable (and free) shuttle bus that links it makes it a very good value stay.

I’ve stayed in a lot of Ibis’s and by some way this is significantly larger than any other one I’ve stayed in, with corridors that stretch off into the distance. It means that if you are out on one of the further wings you do have a bit of a walk to get anywhere, but it also means that there is no noise from the busy lobby area, meaning a really good and undisturbed night’s sleep.

Two onsite restaurants, a separate breakfast room, lots of vending machines and even a small shop – you could almost have a holiday without leaving the hotel!

Despite being such a large hotel, with a very large workforce, everyone was friendly and helpful and nothing was too much bother.

Positives
Excellent location for the airport with regular free shuttle bus
Great service and food
Quiet by the time you get down to the further rooms

Not really Negatives
For anything other than Schiphol airport it’s a bit out of the way
Lengthy walks to get from rooms back to the centre block where restaurants and reception are, but that does mean you can have that extra desert at dinner and walk it off on your way back to your room.

Room Tip: Rooms out on the further wings are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback.

Sales Coordinator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
#113 of 364 in Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 stars 1,756 reviews
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!