“Basic functional hotel”

Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I must say that this is a hotel recommended for an overnight stay guest who needs to catch with the next day flight. For me though the room is small I can tolerate it because of the most important thing is a comfortable bed that can gives me a good night sleep before embarking on next journey. Practically basic. Bring your own face towel as the hotel doesn't provide 1. Another plus point is the free wifi. The hotel breakfast is good. Cafeteria style but very good.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour so it wasn't really our choice and we didn't have an experience with the reservations department.

It was a reasonable check-in and dinner which was priced similarly to city prices but nothing that special with mediocre staff.

According to the information we could get a kettle in the room but when the phone to reception was finally answered, they advised a EUR25 deposit plus we would have to go to collect the kettle, tea bags, coffee, cups etc from other locations. In all my years travelling and staying in many hotels, never have I had this experience!

The worst part though was the attitude of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. This is very important for us to be able to improve our quality of service.

Regarding your comments about our staff, we can assure you the matter is being looked in to and will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank you again for your extensive feedback. Hopefully we, or one of our other accor hotels can better serve you in the near future. We also have hotels closeby offering larger rooms and different amenities.

Kindest regards,

Sales Coördinator

Reviewed September 22, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I still have to stay in this hotel next month, but I like to share my experience with its booking department.
Feb 4th, I booked 2 rooms for Oct 27th. I received the confirmation e-mail at 3.27 pm. I forwarded this e-mail to my traveling companions, who didn’t scroll downwards and thought to their surprise only 1 room was booked. They immediately made a reservation themselves and received the confirmation e-mail at 3.53 pm. Soon they discovered their mistake and made a phone call to the hotel to cancel the room just booked. They have been told that we both booked rooms under a tariff that didn’t allow us to cancel the room. They then send an e-mail at 4.02 pm to the hotel explaining the situation and asking for consideration in this situation. Until now they didn’t get any reply to it.
Subsequently, I tried to explain this situation via the Accor website. They have an option for this, so I filled in the form, explained the situation (I understand the booking conditions, but it’s not that we didn’t want to stay at the Ibis, but it’s that we now had 3 rooms instead of the 2 we need. The rooms were booked almost 9 months before the date and within 10 minutes after the second reservation we already got in touch with the hotel), asked them to look at this matter again and said that I sincerely hoped that they would cancel one of the 3 rooms for us. Then I tried to send it, but it wasn’t possible to send it. There was an option to indicate that the website didn’t function properly, so we filled in that form and sent it, just to never hear anything back.
So customer friendly? Forget it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarandJan

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that you did not receive an earlier response; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Could you please send us some more information about the booking for Oct 27th, like under which name we can find the reservation. Please rest assured we treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and we will investigate the matter. You can contact me direclty via H0649-SL@accor.com.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is our second time using this Ibis Amsterdam and it proved to be just a good as the first.
We were late arriving at the hotel due to our late start from Germany and poor weather conditions but our room was ready and they placed us next door to our traveling companions which made it nice and convenient for our late nite in room snack. The hotel is dimly lit but staff courteous and price was good for an overnite. Free Internet and shuttle to airport that runs every half hour.

Room Tip: Good for airport hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback.

An Accor traveler
SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stay here quite often for business trips due to the convenience to the airport. However, I have never had a good experience here.
1) There has been security issues where another customer had walked into my room with another key
2) Rooms are noisy (doors are loud, people are always in and out, hallways echo, can hear the rooms beside you and upstairs), especially on the 1st floor
3) Very slow front desk
4) The toilets always smell like sewer
5) Shuttle bus times are quite erratic, especially for the pick up from the airport.

The only pros I have to say about this hotel is that it's convenient to the airport, free breakfast and free Wifi in rooms. Otherwise, I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and I want to do everything possible to prevent this from happening in the future. Could you please be so kind to send me an e-mail (H0649-SL@accor.com) and provide me with some more details concerning your experience? That will give me the opportunity to improve our service and prevent future occurance.

Thank you very much in advance.
Kindest regards,

Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!